How can robotics be integrated into a physics Extended Essay for the IB diploma?

In summary, the purpose of a Physics Extended Essay is to allow students to delve into a topic of interest and demonstrate their knowledge and skills in physics and scientific research. When choosing a topic, students should consider their interests, understanding of the topic, and availability of resources. The recommended structure for a Physics Extended Essay follows a basic scientific paper format, but may vary. A strong foundation in math is typically required for a successful essay. Tips for writing a successful Physics Extended Essay include starting early, conducting thorough research, defining a specific research question, using reliable sources, and seeking feedback from a supervisor.
jinwo9104
Hi guys!
I'm new here.
I'm here to ask you guys for your opinions.
I'm planning to do my Extended essay in physics.
I want to relate my E.E with robotics.
Can you guys please give me some ideas??

Physics news on Phys.org
What is the extended essay for? A class? A degree requirement?

This is for IB diploma...

Related to How can robotics be integrated into a physics Extended Essay for the IB diploma?

1. What is the purpose of a Physics Extended Essay?

The purpose of a Physics Extended Essay is to give students the opportunity to explore a topic of interest in depth, apply their knowledge of physics concepts, and develop critical thinking and research skills. It also allows students to demonstrate their understanding of the scientific method and their ability to communicate their findings effectively.

2. How do I choose a topic for my Physics Extended Essay?

When choosing a topic for your Physics Extended Essay, it is important to select something that interests you and that you have a good understanding of. You should also consider the availability of resources and equipment needed to conduct experiments or gather data, as well as the potential for unique and original research.

3. What is the recommended structure for a Physics Extended Essay?

The recommended structure for a Physics Extended Essay typically follows the basic structure of a scientific paper, including an introduction, hypothesis, methodology, results, discussion, and conclusion. However, the specific structure may vary depending on the topic and research question.

4. How much math is required for a Physics Extended Essay?

A Physics Extended Essay typically requires a strong foundation in mathematics, as many physics concepts and theories are heavily based on mathematical equations. Depending on the topic, students may need to use advanced math such as calculus or statistics to analyze data and support their findings.

5. What are some tips for writing a successful Physics Extended Essay?

Some tips for writing a successful Physics Extended Essay include starting early, conducting thorough research, clearly defining and focusing on a specific research question, using reliable sources, and organizing your ideas and findings effectively. It is also important to follow the guidelines and criteria set by the International Baccalaureate (IB) and to seek feedback from your supervisor throughout the writing process.