Estimate Mass H2O Vapor in 1 m^3 Air at +20°C

  • Thread starter Thread starter Orbital
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Absolute Humidity
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Orbital
Messages
12
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Estimate the mass of water vapor that is contained in [itex]1 m^3[/itex] of saturated air at a temperature of plus 20 degrees Celsius

2. The attempt at a solution
I looked up the saturation pressure for water vapor at the given temperature. Can I just use the ideal gas-law for the mass? i.e. is the solution as simple as
[tex]m_{H_2O} = \frac{P_{sat, H_2O}}{R_{H_2O}T}[/tex]
or do I have to make another approach?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
yes this looks right, but -as usual- be careful with the units
 
Last edited:
Can you tell me why the phrasing of the problem is physically incorrect?