Evaluate in terms of powers of primes

  • Thread starter Thread starter luigihs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Primes Terms
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 2K views
luigihs
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
33 x 42
__________________________ =
2 x 3-3 x 16

33-(-3) = 6
16 = 42 ... 42-2 = 0

so.. 36 x 2 <-- answer I guess I am not sure
 
Physics news on Phys.org
luigihs said:
33 x 42
__________________________ =
2 x 3-3 x 16

33-(-3) = 6
16 = 42 ... 42-2 = 0

so.. 36 x 2 <-- answer I guess I am not sure

How did the 2 in the denominator come up in the numerator??

The rest is correct, though. :smile:
 
luigihs said:
so the answer is 3^6 / 2 ??

Yes, or 362-1.
 
Im sorry have another question is kinda the similar .
Simplify the following expressions:

23x 4x or 22x
_________________________________________ =
16x or 24x

23x+2x = 5x = 25x / 24x = 2x
 
luigihs said:
Im sorry have another question is kinda the similar .
Simplify the following expressions:

23x 4x or 22x
_________________________________________ =
16x or 24x

23x+2x = 5x = 25x / 24x = 2x

That's correct too.