Ever heard of Loctite glue for dental implants?
- Thread starter davenn
- Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11 replies · 4K views
Biology news on Phys.org
Discussion
Doug Huffman
Gold Member
- 807
- 111
As a young sailor technician (ICFN E-3 - I Can't Fix Nothing - senior to E-2 ICFA - I Can Fix Anything), I learned; "If it moves, salute it. If you can't salute it, then paint it. If you can't paint it, then throw it over the side."
Mentor
- 38,152
- 10,759
Doug Huffman said:As a young sailor technician (ICFN E-3 - I Can't Fix Nothing - senior to E-2 ICFA - I Can Fix Anything), I learned; "If it moves, salute it. If you can't salute it, then paint it. If you can't paint it, then throw it over the side."
That's the Navy version. In the Army, it's "If it moves, salute it. If it doesn't move, paint it green."
Mentor
- 38,152
- 10,759
Then there's Loctite Red
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 9,747
- 11,967
LOL Mark, funny, you as a mentor, should post that ... isn't that what you guys use to close wayward threads ?Mark44 said:Then there's Loctite Red
View attachment 80987
Science Advisor
- 1,567
- 5,225
Almost forgot one. It's useful after the job too.
During the 70's the Navy defacto banned them as drug paraphernalia with the exception of two groups. Doc's and electronic techs. We usually had several clipped to our bell-bottoms just to spin-up the officers.
During the 70's the Navy defacto banned them as drug paraphernalia with the exception of two groups. Doc's and electronic techs. We usually had several clipped to our bell-bottoms just to spin-up the officers.
Science Advisor
- 2,603
- 785
Ya got to love Loctite, I told the guy doing my dental implant just Loctite the screw back into the socket and forget the tooth, he asked "what is Loctite?". The guy is dry as a popcorn fart. My dentist and his assistant thought it was a good idea until they figured out it would cost them money. We glue models together with it, just the best stuff available.
Similar threads
- nikkkom
- · Replies 6 ·
- Biology and Medical
- Replies
- 6
- BrnoStudent
- · Replies 1 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 1
- Leontas
- · Replies 9 ·
- Electromagnetism
- Replies
- 9