Everyone say hi to my good friend Red Rum

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Hi
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
170 replies · 19K views
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Messages
24,114
Reaction score
3,277
He's an Irish Microbiologist living in the Netherlands. He is the funniest person I've ever met and I finally convinced him to join the forum. It would be nice if he stayed in one country for more than a week so I could figure out where in the world he is.
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome Red Rum! My favorite radio station (WKIT) is owned by Steven King. He and his wife Tabitha are trying to keep locally-owned live radio alive with local talent. You might want to tune in, if you like classic rock and blues.

http://zoneradio.com/wkit/index.shtml
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome! So, I guess we can't hit him with frozen fish, since he knows Evo...

I must be nice Red Rum!:smile:
 
I'm lucky I somehow avoided the frozen fish ;) [ I shouldn't jynx it :biggrin: ]

Hey Red Rum enjoy the forums :)
 
Four said:
I'm lucky I somehow avoided the frozen fish ;) [ I shouldn't jynx it :biggrin: ]
<WHAM>

Muwahahaha. Smacked with a frozen cod. :approve:
 
Oh, and there's a GOOBF card for everyone that says hi. (get out of banning free) I haven't given those out in ages, not since a bunch of counterfiet GOOBF cards were discovered - yomamma. :devil:
 
Ahhh frozen fish is smelly too yak. I know something smelled fishy, just when I turn around. GOOBF cards? do you have a "B" there accidentally?
 
Four said:
Ahhh frozen fish is smelly too yak. I know something smelled fishy, just when I turn around. GOOBF cards? do you have a "B" there accidentally?
:biggrin: No, it's Get Out Of Banning Free. GOOBF
 
Hello Red Rum, nice of you to join us here in our humble forums

<wack> sorry, it seems I half a bunch of white fish, and nothing to with them but<wack> the newbe.
 
Evo said:
Oh, and there's a GOOBF card for everyone that says hi. (get out of banning free)
Wait a minute -- you just stated a cost one must bay to acquire a GOOBF card. How can you say it's free? Fraud! Fraud!
 
Evo said:
He's an Irish Microbiologist living in the Netherlands. He is the funniest person I've ever met

I excuse your redundancy.

Evo said:
He is the funniest person I've ever met

Yeah, I know... I've been slacking off. :biggrin:
On second thought, though, since you've never actually met me... :rolleyes:

Welcome to my nightmare, Red Rum. :smile:
 
Ooooh a GOOBF card, I better say hello (or maybe hi, for legal purposes).

Hi.

Welcome to PF Red Rum!111111
 
Welcome to PF Red Rum...whenever you decide to saunter in and show us your typeface. :biggrin:

I decided to get a special order of purple jellyfish for your welcome ceremony...just watch for the stingers! :bugeye:
 
Welcome Red Rum! I'm sure that you'll be the shining example of our membership.
 
Never pass up a freebie. :smile:

Hi Red Rum.

Errrr. What's that backwards :eek:
 
All right Red Rum, get in here and say hi.
 
Evo said:
He's an Irish Microbiologist living in the Netherlands. He is the funniest person I've ever met and I finally convinced him to join the forum. It would be nice if he stayed in one country for more than a week so I could figure out where in the world he is.

Red Rum ? Cool name, does he have "the shining" thingy going on ? Or is he more the Jack Nicholson type ? Maybe because of living in the Netherlands for too long :wink:
Anyways, both ways are ok for me : Welcome Evo's second best friend.

marlon
 
Ivan Seeking said:
Welcome Red Rum! I'm sure that you'll be the shining example of our membership.
:rolleyes: <<<groan>>> (Though, that leads to the question...example of what? :biggrin:)

Doc Al said:
Another one of Evo's little imaginary friends... :rolleyes:

:smile: I'm starting to wonder if the fish slapping thing is scaring away the newcomers. :rolleyes: Maybe I should see if he's visiting the Biology forum and just hasn't waded down into the pits yet?
 
Very intriguing indeed ! :smile:
A funny microbiologist sounds like a oxymoron, but a delocalized is more likely to be realized in Nature :-p
So welcome to Red Rhum !
Is he also a friend of "the lady from Arles" ?
That would make sens to me :biggrin:
 
BTW
Red Rum[/color]
wiki said:
Red Rum (bay gelding, May 3, 1965–October 18, 1995. Sire: Quorum, dam: Mared) was a racehorse who achieved an unmatched historic treble when he won the Grand National in 1973, 1974 and 1977. [...] Not surprisingly, Red Rum became the country's best known and most loved racehorse.

"Rummy" became a national celebrity, opening supermarkets and annually leading the Grand National parade. [...] Several books have been written about Red Rum [...]

Fittingly, Rummy is buried at the winning post of the Aintree Racecourse which is still a destination for his fans today.
Quite amazing. And frankly, very funny to me :smile:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/12/Red_Rum_Statue_in_Southport.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to Evo's friend! Or hi as requested.
 
Doc Al said:
Another one of Evo's little imaginary friends... :rolleyes:
:cry: Nooooo. He exists! Really! :cry:
 
Wow! Funny members are very welcome here:smile::smile:

I think he's already start making fun of us and Evo by not attending his welcome party! Or is it Evo who's putting us on? :rolleyes:
Doc Al said:
Another one of Evo's little imaginary friends... :rolleyes:
:smile::smile::smile:
 
Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
Welcome Red Rum! I'm sure that you'll be the
shining example of our membership.

Yeah, definitely a *shining* one. Man, this is getting creepy. :-p
 
:cry: He exists. Just last night that little voice in my head said "I'll stop by and say hello". :rolleyes:
 
Does this remind anyone of Scarface? "Say helloooo to my little friend..."