Everyone say hi to my good friend Red Rum

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Hi
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
170 replies · 19K views
Since we got all the frozen cod ready let's have a barbeque :wink:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Four said:
Since we got all the frozen cod ready let's have a barbeque :wink:
Mmmmm, barbecue!

Since Red Rum is late (he did say he had a really long work day today, really, he did) he'll have to supply the beer. :biggrin:
 
Ivan Seeking said:
No fair! None of my imaginary friends drink beer.
Don't worry, I will bring Near beer and Nyquil for you and your imaginary friends. :biggrin:
 
Umm. Has he shown up yet?

It's getting late. Yeah, and I've got this thing... sooooo...

I'll bring the six-pack back with me later and I... yeah...I'll just...okay...
 
humanino said:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/12/Red_Rum_Statue_in_Southport.JPG
[/URL]

So when they make a statue of a horse, does it actually look like the horse being honored? Would other horses look at it and say, "hey, that's a statue of Red Rum"?

Sorry for the ot post, but you got to wonder. :biggrin:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Still no RedRum huh? O well, at least that Four guy got hit with a fish! All we need if for SOMEONE to be hit with a fish!

At least we still have each other right??:approve:

Right? Guys??
 
Last edited:
G01 said:
Still no RedRum huh? O well, at least we have each other right??:approve:


Right?? Guys?...
I think this thread just broke the record for posts without the honoree showing up. :redface:

So, G01, beer or Near Beer? The Near Beer comes with a Nyquil shooter, the catch is, you have to drink them in a closet with Ivan.

Gosh, you new people didn't get to see the movies of all of our wild New Years Eve parties. :frown:
 
Evo said:
So, G01, beer or Near Beer? The Near Beer comes with a Nyquil shooter, the catch is, you have to drink them in a closet with Ivan.

I'll just have a beer thanks! None of that closet for me thanks!
 
Last edited:
I'm sick of waiting, and have a Molson Golden going. Red Rum's going to have to get his own (probably imaginary) beer. I'm sure Evo can imagine her imaginary friend having an imaginary beer. (Too much time alone, I'm afraid...) Sad.
 
Lisa! said:
Happy birthday, Zoobie & MIH!:smile:
:smile: :smile: :smile:
 
So, I'll skipped the end of work day and join for the party :smile:
I will bring stinky french cheese and heavy wine to drink with. :-p
I hope Red Rum makes it before we ate everything !
searching for stinky Roquefort, Comte, Reblochon and Morbier in the attic. Shall I take this Goat's milk one, it is really stinky ? :rolleyes:
Eating cheese during high temperature days is a real delight :rolleyes:
 
I think I'm going to sit somewhere that humanino ISN'T with all that stinky cheese. :smile:

So, we have a choice between near beer and imaginary beer? Some party. :rolleyes: I think Red Rum needs to bring, well, the rum! :biggrin:
 
humanino said:
So, I'll skipped the end of work day and join for the party :smile:
I will bring stinky french cheese and heavy wine to drink with. :-p
I hope Red Rum makes it before we ate everything !
searching for stinky Roquefort, Comte, Reblochon and Morbier in the attic. Shall I take this Goat's milk one, it is really stinky ? :rolleyes:
Eating cheese during high temperature days is a real delight :rolleyes:
I still cannot eat camembert. I remember going to the grocery store with my aunt in Paris and she was showing me how to "squeeze the cheese" to tell if it was ripe.

I could go for a croque monsieur right now.

But with enough wine, I guess I could eat some stnky cheese. :biggrin:
 
Moonbear said:
I think I'm going to sit somewhere that humanino ISN'T with all that stinky cheese. :smile:

So, we have a choice between near beer and imaginary beer? Some party. :rolleyes: I think Red Rum needs to bring, well, the rum! :biggrin:
Moonbear, care to join me and my pitcher of frozen margaritas?
 
Evo said:
Moonbear, care to join me and my pitcher of frozen margaritas?

Oh Boy... I see this thread going downhill very, VERY fast!
 
G01 said:
Oh Boy... I see this thread going downhill very, VERY fast!
Well, it's just me and my sockpuppet right now. I've learned not to try to feed it or give it drinks, it gets really messy. :frown:
 
mixing wine and cheese while driving to the party
enjoy the aromas parfuming the car


I wonder if I should stop by at this cheese shop :rolleyes:
 
Evo said:
I could go for a croque monsieur right now.
I forgot the bread :bugeye:
 
Evo said:
Well, it's just me and my sockpuppet right now. I've learned not to try to feed it or give it drinks, it gets really messy. :frown:

Watch out, sockpuppets can hold there liquor! I once had one of mine drink me under the table...Wow, this is so sad..:rolleyes:
 
Evo said:
But with enough wine, I guess I could eat some stnky cheese. :biggrin:
AFTER enough wine I could eat some stinky soft cheeses, I guess, but I'd have to have a liter in me with more on hand to wash the cheese down. There is some pretty pungent sharp Vermont cheddar that a local market sells under the name "Old-fashioned rat cheese", and it's great on crackers with pickles, mustards, smoked oysters, and other toppings. The darned stuff is as expensive as a good cut of meat, but it's worth it.
 
G01 said:
Watch out, sockpuppets can hold there liquor! I once had one of mine drink me under the table...Wow, this is so sad..:rolleyes:
:cry: G01, will you join me and my sockpuppet for drinks and smelly cheese?

turbo-1 said:
"Old-fashioned rat cheese", and it's great on crackers with pickles, mustards, smoked oysters, and other toppings. The darned stuff is as expensive as a good cut of meat, but it's worth it.
You're killing me, that sounds wonderful!

What time is it in the Netherlands?
 
neutrino said:

What? More of these redrums?? This is getting better and better. :bugeye:

humanino said:
So, I'll skipped the end of work day and join for the party :smile:
I will bring stinky french cheese and heavy wine to drink with. :-p
I hope Red Rum makes it before we ate everything !
searching for stinky Roquefort, Comte, Reblochon and Morbier in the attic. Shall I take this Goat's milk one, it is really stinky ? :rolleyes:
Eating cheese during high temperature days is a real delight :rolleyes:

OK, redrum is nothing compared to the stinky cheese issue. :-p

Evo said:
But with enough wine, I guess I could eat some stnky cheese. :biggrin:

You sure? :-p

turbo-1 said:
AFTER enough wine I could eat some stinky soft cheeses, I guess, but I'd have to have a liter in me with more on hand to wash the cheese down.

Or to bring it back up. :biggrin:
 
Ivan Seeking said:
I have plenty of imaginary frozen broccoli for everyone!
Do you have an imaginary trebuchet with which we can pelt members? I think the trebuchet adds a little excitement to the tradition of throwing frozen broccoli.
 
Evo said:
Do you have an imaginary trebuchet with which we can pelt members? I think the trebuchet adds a little excitement to the tradition of throwing frozen broccoli.

I have the skunkapult, which is just a trebuchet with bouquet.
 
Evo said:
:cry: G01, will you join me and my sockpuppet for drinks and smelly cheese?

Sure, but I think I'll have to skip on the smelly cheese!
 
hiccuping
Is there some more *hic* frozen margarita ? *hic* :redface:

Did anybody bring musical instrument ?
I have my grand piano in the truck of my car, hopefully it is still in tune :rolleyes:
We could make up some noise to go with the skunkapult festival :biggrin: