Examine the following circuit and complete the table

In summary, the conversation discusses resistance values for four different resistors (r1, r2, r3, and r4) and their corresponding current and voltage values. There is uncertainty about the voltage for r3, but it is calculated to be 8 volts. The total resistance and r3's resistance are also questioned, but it is determined that r3's resistance is 8 ohms.
joshua cruwys
Moved from a technical forum, so homework template missing
so for resistance I've gotten r1=6 r2=5 r3=8 and r4=12. then for current i got r1-.30 r2=.24 r3=.06 r4=.06 amd volatge r1=1.8 r2=1.2 r3=.48 r4=.72. I am not sure about my voltage for r3 what i did was Vt-r1-r4 and when i add them up i get 3v so that should be right? and I am also not sure about resistance total or my r3 for my r3 i did...
R3=V3/I3=.48V/.06A=8 is all my information right?

Attachments

• ATT00001 (8).jpg
    ATT00001 (8).jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 584
Physics news on Phys.org
joshua cruwys said:
so for resistance I've gotten r1=6 r2=5 r3=8 and r4=12. then for current i got r1-.30 r2=.24 r3=.06 r4=.06 amd volatge r1=1.8 r2=1.2 r3=.48 r4=.72. I am not sure about my voltage for r3 what i did was Vt-r1-r4 and when i add them up i get 3v so that should be right? and I am also not sure about resistance total or my r3 for my r3 i did...
R3=V3/I3=.48V/.06A=8 is all my information right?
Yikes, I tried processing your image, and it's still really hard for me to read... Can you say in words what it shows?

ATT00001 (8).jpg

joshua cruwys said:
is all my information right?
We need to know what data the problem came with. It is difficult to tell the difference between what you were given and what you have calculated.

1. What is the purpose of examining this circuit?

The purpose of examining this circuit is to analyze its components and their interactions in order to understand its functionality and possible issues or improvements.

2. What information is needed to complete the table?

To complete the table, information about each component in the circuit is needed, including its type, value, and placement within the circuit.

3. How do I determine the type of each component?

The type of a component can usually be identified by its physical appearance, such as the shape and number of pins or leads. Additionally, most components will have a label or marking indicating their type.

4. How do I find the value of a component?

The value of a component can be found by referencing its label or markings, consulting a datasheet, or using a multimeter to measure its resistance, capacitance, or other relevant properties.

5. Why is it important to complete the table when examining a circuit?

Completing the table helps to organize and document the information about the circuit's components, which can be useful for troubleshooting, replicating the circuit, or making modifications. It also allows for easier analysis and understanding of the circuit as a whole.