Explicit dynamics (LS-DYNA export) -- How to export a Time waveform?

In summary, "Explicit dynamics" in LS-DYNA is a simulation method used for dynamic events. To export a Time waveform in LS-DYNA, you can use the "d3dump" or "d3plot" commands. The purpose of exporting a Time waveform is to analyze and visualize simulation results in more detail. Time waveforms can be exported for any type of dynamic event simulation, but accuracy depends on setup and output parameters. There are specific requirements for exporting a Time waveform, including selecting appropriate parameters and having a good understanding of LS-DYNA.
ayuob sultan
I am doing guided wave simulation in ANSYS workbench. I applied a load (tone-burst signal) on the model and I ran the simulation successfully. Now, I want to extract the time waveform. Does anybody have any idea?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Hey Ayuob,
check this video out. It may be useful

I have a question. how can I add Explicit Dynamics (LS -DYNA export). I have installed LS-DYNA workbench and activated its extension, but it still not show up
in the toolbox. I can see it only on toolbox customization.

Thank you in advance

1. What is "Explicit dynamics" in LS-DYNA?

"Explicit dynamics" in LS-DYNA refers to a type of simulation method used to analyze dynamic events, such as impact, crash, and explosion simulations. This method is based on solving the equations of motion for each time step, taking into account the inertial effects and other external forces acting on the system.

2. How do I export a Time waveform in LS-DYNA?

To export a Time waveform in LS-DYNA, you can use the "d3dump" or "d3plot" commands. These commands allow you to write the results of your simulation to a d3plot file, which can then be converted into a Time waveform using post-processing software such as LS-PrePost.

3. What is the purpose of exporting a Time waveform in LS-DYNA?

The purpose of exporting a Time waveform in LS-DYNA is to analyze and visualize the results of your simulation in a more detailed and comprehensive manner. Time waveforms provide information on the behavior of a system over time, allowing for a better understanding of the dynamic events being simulated.

4. Can I export a Time waveform for any type of simulation in LS-DYNA?

Yes, you can export a Time waveform for any type of simulation in LS-DYNA that involves dynamic events. This includes simulations for impact, crash, explosion, and other types of dynamic events. However, the accuracy and reliability of the Time waveform will depend on the accuracy of your simulation setup and the selected output parameters.

5. Are there any specific requirements for exporting a Time waveform in LS-DYNA?

Yes, there are specific requirements for exporting a Time waveform in LS-DYNA. These include selecting appropriate output parameters, ensuring the accuracy of your simulation setup, and using post-processing software to convert the simulation results into a Time waveform. It is also recommended to have a good understanding of LS-DYNA and its features before attempting to export a Time waveform.