Exponential Growth Test Help Needed | Calc II Summer

In summary, the speaker is a student in summer Calculus II who was given a take-home test on exponential growth. They are looking for someone to check their work since they didn't have time to work with their classmates. They have already completed the test and are comfortable with their solution, but want to make sure they did it correctly. They mention that their answer sheet is neater, but this has all the work on it. They also mention that they are not very familiar with differential equations, but their teacher said they could solve the problem in any way they wanted. One of their classmates, Dick, asks if they have learned about differential equations yet and if they know how to do separation of variables.
giant016
I'm in Calc II for the summer, but for some reason my teacher gave us a take-home test on exponential growth. She said we could work together and such, but the class didn't have time, so I was wondering if somebody could check it for me. It seems pretty straight to me, but it's a large chunk of my grade and my friends/parents wouldn't be of much help, so I would greatly appreciate it if any of you could give it a looking over. My answer sheet is neater, but this has all the work on it. Thanks.
Takehome.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
It couldn't look better really.

man why didn't he teach you the DE that this comes from, have you been introduced to differential equations yet?

Thanks Dick.

Ice, we have done differentital equations. She said we could do this any way we wanted, and this way I really knew how to do and I'm still a little unfamiliar with DEs.

giant016 said:
Thanks Dick.

Ice, we have done differentital equations. She said we could do this any way we wanted, and this way I really knew how to do and I'm still a little unfamiliar with DEs.

do you know how to do separation of variables?

Related to Exponential Growth Test Help Needed | Calc II Summer

1. What is exponential growth?

Exponential growth is a pattern of growth in which the quantity increases at a constantly accelerating rate. This means that the growth rate itself is also increasing over time.

2. How is exponential growth calculated?

The formula for calculating exponential growth is: y = ab^x, where y is the final amount, a is the initial amount, b is the growth factor, and x is the number of time periods. This formula is often used in finance, population growth, and other scientific fields.

3. What is the purpose of a "Calc II Summer" course?

A "Calc II Summer" course is typically a condensed version of a college-level Calculus II course offered during the summer semester. It allows students to complete the course in a shorter amount of time, often to catch up or get ahead in their studies.

4. What topics are typically covered in a "Calc II Summer" course?

Topics covered in a "Calc II Summer" course may vary depending on the specific college or university, but typically include integration techniques, applications of integration, sequences and series, and polar coordinates.

5. How can I get help with my "Calc II Summer" course?

Many colleges and universities offer tutoring services for students taking "Calc II Summer" courses. Additionally, there are online resources and study guides available to help students understand and practice the material. It is also helpful to communicate with your professor and classmates for support and clarification on any difficult topics.