F1inSchool Challenge: Design a CO2-Powered F1 Car

  • Thread starter Thread starter ray_crimsonhe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Challenge
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
ray_crimsonhe
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello this is my first time here. I would like to ask some question regarding the competition that my schoool is going to enter. It is called the F1inschool challenge. We are asked to design a F1 car powered by a CO2 cannister. I am having a dilemma here on wheter to increase down force or decreasing the weight. As far as I know, the track would be a straight line. I am new in all the concepts and principles regarding F1 car. Please help
 
Physics news on Phys.org
If your car is not turning, then why increase downforce?

edit: If anything, if you increased lift rather, then you could decrease rolling and sliding friction.