Fact or fiction: frequent masturbation causes lethargy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter pakmingki
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Fiction
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 16K views
pakmingki
Messages
93
Reaction score
1
over like, i don't know, since the 9th grade (4 years ago), I've been combatting constant lethargy. I eventually got used to it though.

I recently heard from a friend that frequent masturbation causes lethargy. Now, this sounded like a myth, but now I am thinking maybe it's true.

In middle school, i woud only masturbate a few times a week. Since high school, it's been around 6-7 times a day.

Is this why I've suddenly become more lethargic throughout high school?
 
Biology news on Phys.org
There are no harmful side effects of masturbation, no matter how often you do it.
You should see your Doctor about concerns of feeling lethargic.
 
hypatia said:
There are no harmful side effects of masturbation, no matter how often you do it.
what about carpal tunnel syndrome? :biggrin:

pakmingki said:
In middle school, i woud only masturbate a few times a week. Since high school, it's been around 6-7 times a day.

I doubt this could be hazardous to your physical health in itself, but 7 times a day does seem a bit excessive. Do you do it so often when you're bored (hey, it's a great time-killer)? or do you actually feel like you physically need to do it so many times a day? if your sex-drive is that high, that would be something to tell your doctor too, just in case.
 
Last edited:
Your somewhat high masturbation rate is more likely a type of "self-healing" in that it makes you feel good in a normally rather dreary state. That is, it is more likely to be a reaction to a perceived letharg (and loneliness?) than the causative factor of it.
Short answer: You're not sick on that account, but perhaps you should make an effort to organize your life in other ways. If that works out, it might be that the need of your body's self-healing technique diminishes. Or perhaps not.