1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Factors that influence the spectral linewidth of an LED

1. May 1, 2016 #1
    So i'm doing up a physics report but i got stuck on this question :(

Q: Explain the factors that influence the spectral linewidth of the emission spectrum.

i'm guessing that it has something to do with the types of elements used in doping the semiconductor? but i dont know how the theory part goes exactly.

please help D;
    thanks in advance!!

2. jcsd
  3. May 1, 2016 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

What reading have you been doing to try to answer this question? Google is your friend when doing research like this... :smile:

4. May 1, 2016 #3
    thanks for replying!
    i've been googling extensively but i cant seem to find anything helpful... been flipping through notes but it doesnt mention spectral linewidth at all :-( sigh.

5. May 2, 2016 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Really? When I Google spectral linewidth of an LED (directly from your thread title), I get lots of great hits. The first hit on the list would seem to be a good answer...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted