Farewell to @Astronuc, Welcome @anorlunda to PF Mentors!

  • Topic: Announcement 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
24 replies · 5K views
Messages
20,002
Reaction score
11,121
Today we announce that 10 year staff veteran @Astronuc has decided, due to real life work load, to retire from the Mentor group. PF has long benefited from his unique skill set in nuclear engineering, his dedication to the PF mission and loyalty toward the community. We are happy to say @Astronuc plans to stick around and continue contributing just in a different capacity. Thanks for all your efforts good friend!

On the flip side we are pleased to announce that @anorlunda has joined the Mentor group! He will be helping out a lot in the engineering forums filling a bit of @Astronuc's shoes. @anorlunda has quickly risen as a leader and trusted member in the community. We're thrilled to have him aboard and looking forward to him doing great things!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Rx7man, smokingwheels, nomadreid and 29 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for everything, Astro. :smile:

And welcome to the Mentor fold, @anorlunda -- great to have you as part of the Mentor group! :biggrin:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Astronuc, vanhees71, anorlunda and 7 others
berkeman said:
Thanks for everything, Astro. :smile:

And welcome to the Mentor fold, @anorlunda -- great to have you as part of the Mentor group! :biggrin:
Yeah. What he said !
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Astronuc and anorlunda
Cheers @Astronuc. I hope you are not hanging up your keyboard completely, yet.
And congrats to you @anorlunda with your particular knowledge of wave theory and displacement.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Astronuc and anorlunda
Farewell @Astronuc ! Enjoy retirement, file a few reports for us to investigate once in a while.

Congratulations @anorlunda!

Look forward to assigning tough reports to you for resolution. :-)

Looks like the A's have it.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Astronuc and anorlunda
Thanks for the vote of confidence everyone. I'll try to live up to it.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: cnh1995, ProfuselyQuarky, jim mcnamara and 5 others
anorlunda said:
Thanks for the vote of confidence everyone. I'll try to live up to it.

You will! We guarantee it.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: anorlunda
Farewell @Astronuc Thanks for all the work you put in over the years!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Astronuc and jedishrfu
Thank you, @Astronuc. We will not forget about you and appreciate it.
Deepest congratulations, @anorlunda!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri, Astronuc, anorlunda and 1 other person
Thank you, @Astronuc!
Your insights and expertise helped a great deal, most notably during the Fukushima disaster. I'm glad that you're going to continue to be a part of this community.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Kninfinite and Astronuc
Thanks, folks for the kind words.

I retired as a mentor/moderator, but I'll still be around to participate in the forums, primarily Nuclear Engineering and other Engineering forums as a Science Advisor, and as time permits.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri, doglover9754, Kninfinite and 8 others
Farewell @Astronuc for being a great mentor, and congrats @anorlunda for becoming a mentor. Thank you two for being great mentors and thank you to the other mentors too for always being an amazing group of people.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: sophiecentaur, Astronuc, vanhees71 and 1 other person
Thank you , Astronuc!
Wish you the best
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Astronuc
I second that. Thank you Astronuc. You leave big shoes to fill. I'm glad that you'll still be around PF.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ISamson and Greg Bernhardt
Astronuc said:
Thanks, folks for the kind words.

I retired as a mentor/moderator, but I'll still be around to participate in the forums, primarily Nuclear Engineering and other Engineering forums as a Science Advisor, and as time permits.
Glad to know you'll still be around. You have a lot of knowledge.

Welcome @anorlunda !
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Astronuc and anorlunda
Astronuc said:
Thanks, folks for the kind words.

I retired as a mentor/moderator, but I'll still be around to participate in the forums, primarily Nuclear Engineering and other Engineering forums as a Science Advisor, and as time permits.
Ooo! Then could you help me out when I post in the engineering forum? I could use some advice.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Astronuc
stephenkohnle53 said:
Farewell @Astronuc for being a great mentor, and congrats @anorlunda for becoming a mentor. Thank you two for being great mentors and thank you to the other mentors too for always being an amazing group of people.
Couldn't have said it better.

Thanks @Astronuc !
Welcome @anorlunda !
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Astronuc and anorlunda
Well done Astronuc, a fine job overseeing Nuclear Engineering in particular.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman and Astronuc
I'll sure miss your insight and most excellent ability to explain ! Hope you'll participate as time allows. old jim
 
Having coming across to both and admiring both for their ethos and knowledge, ...
Thanks @Astronuc !
Welcome @anorlunda !
(P.S. Sorry, I am a bit late on posting this)