Fermat's Last Theorem is too Liberal

• Thread starter Moridin
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Theorem
In summary, Conservapedia is a biased and anti-intellectual website that distorts information and promotes conservative beliefs. It has been criticized for its inaccurate and misleading content, and its editors have been found to be predominantly conservative. The website has also been mocked for its ridiculous articles and statistics.
Moridin
http://www.conservapedia.com/Examples_of_Bias_in_Wikipedia

22. Mathematicians on Wikipedia distort and exaggerate Wiles' proof of Fermat's Last Theorem by (i) concealing how it relied on the controversial Axiom of Choice and by (ii) omitting the widespread initial criticism of it.

Physics news on Phys.org
Conservapedia said:
60. Wikipedia has a substantial anti-intellectual element, as reflected by silly administrator names and nonsensical entries. Check out Wikipedia's entry for "duh": "Duh is an American English slang exclamation that is used to express disdain for someone missing the obviousness of something. For example, if one read a headline saying 'Scientific study proves pain really does hurt' or 'New reports show death is bad for one's health', the response might be 'Well, duh!'"[95] How about a new slogan: Wikipedia: well, duh!
Well, I'm convinced! Imagine, silly administrator names!

Last edited:
Conservapedia said:
70. Polls show that about twice as many Americans identify themselves as "conservative" compared with "liberal",
that's 33% "liberal"
and that ratio has been increasing for two decades.[111] But on Wikipedia, about three times as many editors identify themselves as "liberal" compared with "conservative".
That's 75% "liberal"
That suggests Wikipedia is six times more liberal than the American public.
Even if these "polls show" the truth; Six times? 33 x 6 = 75? Oh I get it, there's a "twice" in the first part, and a "three" in the second part. 2x3=6!

This rant is over 100 "points" long, and even the first five are grasping at straws. The worst thing that could happen to conservatives is allowing this to be widely distributed.

Last edited:
Conservapedia said:
22. Mathematicians on Wikipedia distort and exaggerate Wiles' proof of Fermat's Last Theorem by (i) concealing how it relied on the controversial Axiom of Choice and by (ii) omitting the widespread initial criticism of it.
I have tried in my physicsforums posts to inject a certain amount of nonsense. Can anyone doubt my need to bow to a greater power than my own? When compared to the masters, I lack originality and creativity on a grand scale.

Conservapedia sure has many fine articles of high quality.

:uhh:

Comparing wikipedia editors with American public is an obvious sign of web idiocy. Many wikipedia editors are not from US.

Few contests in November will be as closely watched as the fight for registrar of wills in Ong's Hat, People's Democratic Republic of Northern South Jersey, population 34. The battle pits arch-conservative Democrat Errett BIshop against ultra-liberal Republican Andrew Wiles. Bishop is running on a regressive platform of reinstating the death penalty for people who misspell words in their wills while Wiles is promoting the knee-jerk liberal approach of handing out free condoms to them. A recent poll of nearly 3% of the town's population showed Wiles ahead by the narrowest of margins. However, a recent investigation revealed that Wiles had made use of the Axiom of Choice in proving Fermat's theorem. Most people in the town grew up when Fermat's manifesto on powers of integers was a conjecture, not a theorem. Supporters of Wiles point out in a recent speech Bishop said 2 + 2 = 5. Bishop has since apologized for the gaffe, but many in town still believe it.

jimmysnyder said:
I have tried in my physicsforums posts to inject a certain amount of nonsense. Can anyone doubt my need to bow to a greater power than my own? When compared to the masters, I lack originality and creativity on a grand scale.

jimmysnyder said:
Few contests in November will be as closely watched as the fight for registrar of wills in Ong's Hat, People's Democratic Republic of Northern South Jersey, population 34. ...

Nice try, Jimmy. You must still bow to these greater powers:
Liberals deny that their totalitarian positions, such [noparse][as][/noparse] supporting gun control or banning homeschooling, were instrumental to Adolf Hitler's power. Liberals seem to think nearly everyone else agrees with them, and even seem shocked and offended when they encounter someone who does not. In the United States, conservatives outnumber liberals by a 2:1 ratio, yet most liberals do not recognize that. Ask a liberal, for example, what percentage of people accept the Deluge as recounted in the Bible and the liberal's answer can be off by a factor of ten.

Descriptions of dragons are widespread and match descriptions of dinosaurs, suggesting that dragons were real creatures and were actually dinosaurs. ... That dinosaurs are not known from the fossil record above the Cretaceous strata is not reason to believe that they have not survived until more recent times.

The fossil record is often used as evidence in the creation versus evolution controversy. The fossil record does not support the theory of evolution and is one of the flaws in theory of evolution.

:rofl: I am laughing so hard I can't stop crying. This is site is so lame and pathetic there are no words to describe it. It reminds me of the "site for everything Fundamentalist" I ran across the other day.

Take a look at this. http://www.conservapedia.com/Image:Liberal_Brain.jpg

Yeah, this is a really intellectually rich site. :rolleyes:

Is this website a joke?

Last edited:
D H said:
Nice try, Jimmy. You must still bow to these greater powers:
Smoked me like a 5 cent cigar.

Their Atheism article is a well known source of humour some places on the internet, as is their article on "Hand".

very unbiased factually correct person said:
The human hand is one of God's most amazing creations. No other creature has a limb quite like it, apart from a number of other primates and also kangaroos and squirrels and chameleons and a number of other animals.

The opposable thumb makes it possible to grasp branches and manipulate tools. Although the human hand is not nearly as strong as a that of a chimpanzee, when a person turns his or her hand to a task he or she can build enormous skyscrapers or tiny electronic circuits.

Evo said:
Is this website a joke?

I sure hope so!:rofl:

Conservapedia statistics:

conservapedia.png

Moridin said:
Conservapedia statistics:

conservapedia.png
That's not working.

Unfortunately it isn't a joke. Be sure to check out their pages on atheism, evolution and homosexuality. If you haven't lost your faith in humanity after you've read those articles, you're too optimistic about life.

Darkiekurdo said:
Unfortunately it isn't a joke. Be sure to check out their pages on atheism, evolution and homosexuality. If you haven't lost your faith in humanity after you've read those articles, you're too optimistic about life.
I will never lose my faith in humanity no matter what I read. True I am extremely optimistic, but not too optimistic. In my opinion, you read too little and too narrowly, but that opinion is based on a very tiny sample and so might be wrong. At least I hope so.

Darkiekurdo said:

Part of it has got to be a joke, even if the site as a whole is sadly serious. They choose 7 quotes to represent homosexuality, two of which are:
- We want your children. Give us your children. - Homosexual activists at the Hamilton Square Baptist Church riot [3]
- They are after me. It's me they want. - Terrified 9 year old boy on the way home from the Hamilton Square Baptist Church riot[3]

I also like the fact that the criticize Wikipedia editors for not representing America accurately, but I really doubt they do either.

What is Fermat's Last Theorem?

Fermat's Last Theorem is a mathematical theorem proposed by French mathematician Pierre de Fermat in the 17th century. It states that no three positive integers a, b, and c can satisfy the equation an + bn = cn for any integer value of n greater than 2.

Why is Fermat's Last Theorem considered "too liberal"?

The term "too liberal" in relation to Fermat's Last Theorem is often used in a tongue-in-cheek manner. The theorem is considered "too liberal" because it is a notoriously difficult problem that has taken centuries to solve, and many mathematicians have spent their careers trying to understand it.

Has Fermat's Last Theorem been proven?

Yes, Fermat's Last Theorem was finally proven in 1994 by British mathematician Andrew Wiles. He presented a proof that was widely accepted by the mathematical community, and it has been verified by numerous mathematicians since then.

What are the practical applications of Fermat's Last Theorem?

Fermat's Last Theorem does not have any practical applications in fields outside of mathematics. However, the techniques and methods used to solve this theorem have had a significant impact on the field of mathematics and have led to advancements in other areas of research.

Why is Fermat's Last Theorem important?

Fermat's Last Theorem is considered an important problem in mathematics because it was one of the most famous unsolved problems in the field for over 300 years. Its eventual solution by Wiles is seen as a major achievement in the history of mathematics and has inspired future generations of mathematicians to tackle similarly challenging problems.