Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fermat's Last Theorem is too Liberal

1. Jun 8, 2008 #1
    http://www.conservapedia.com/Examples_of_Bias_in_Wikipedia

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 8, 2008 #2

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Well, I'm convinced! Imagine, silly administrator names!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  4. Jun 8, 2008 #3

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

that's 33% "liberal"
    That's 75% "liberal"
    Even if these "polls show" the truth; Six times? 33 x 6 = 75? Oh I get it, there's a "twice" in the first part, and a "three" in the second part. 2x3=6!

This rant is over 100 "points" long, and even the first five are grasping at straws. The worst thing that could happen to conservatives is allowing this to be widely distributed.

5. Jun 8, 2008 #4
    I have tried in my physicsforums posts to inject a certain amount of nonsense. Can anyone doubt my need to bow to a greater power than my own? When compared to the masters, I lack originality and creativity on a grand scale.

6. Jun 8, 2008 #5
    Conservapedia sure has many fine articles of high quality.

:uhh:

7. Jun 8, 2008 #6

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Comparing wikipedia editors with American public is an obvious sign of web idiocy. Many wikipedia editors are not from US.

8. Jun 8, 2008 #7
    Few contests in November will be as closely watched as the fight for registrar of wills in Ong's Hat, People's Democratic Republic of Northern South Jersey, population 34. The battle pits arch-conservative Democrat Errett BIshop against ultra-liberal Republican Andrew Wiles. Bishop is running on a regressive platform of reinstating the death penalty for people who misspell words in their wills while Wiles is promoting the knee-jerk liberal approach of handing out free condoms to them. A recent poll of nearly 3% of the town's population showed Wiles ahead by the narrowest of margins. However, a recent investigation revealed that Wiles had made use of the Axiom of Choice in proving Fermat's theorem. Most people in the town grew up when Fermat's manifesto on powers of integers was a conjecture, not a theorem. Supporters of Wiles point out in a recent speech Bishop said 2 + 2 = 5. Bishop has since apologized for the gaffe, but many in town still believe it.

9. Jun 8, 2008 #8

D H

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Nice try, Jimmy. You must still bow to these greater powers:

10. Jun 8, 2008 #9

Evo

:rofl: I am laughing so hard I can't stop crying. This is site is so lame and pathetic there are no words to describe it. It reminds me of the "site for everything Fundamentalist" I ran across the other day.

Take a look at this. http://www.conservapedia.com/Image:Liberal_Brain.jpg

Yeah, this is a really intellectually rich site. :rolleyes:

Is this website a joke?

11. Jun 8, 2008 #10
    Smoked me like a 5 cent cigar.

12. Jun 8, 2008 #11
    Their Atheism article is a well known source of humour some places on the internet, as is their article on "Hand".

13. Jun 8, 2008 #12

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I sure hope so!:rofl:

14. Jun 8, 2008 #13
    Conservapedia statistics:

[​IMG]

15. Jun 8, 2008 #14

Evo

That's not working.

16. Jun 8, 2008 #15
  17. Jun 8, 2008 #16
    Unfortunately it isn't a joke. Be sure to check out their pages on atheism, evolution and homosexuality. If you haven't lost your faith in humanity after you've read those articles, you're too optimistic about life.

18. Jun 8, 2008 #17
    I will never lose my faith in humanity no matter what I read. True I am extremely optimistic, but not too optimistic. In my opinion, you read too little and too narrowly, but that opinion is based on a very tiny sample and so might be wrong. At least I hope so.

19. Jun 8, 2008 #18
    Part of it has got to be a joke, even if the site as a whole is sadly serious. They choose 7 quotes to represent homosexuality, two of which are:
    I also like the fact that the criticize Wikipedia editors for not representing America accurately, but I really doubt they do either.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?