Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ferromagnetic effect at smaller/larger grain size

1. Apr 13, 2008 #1
    Hi everybody,

I have faced with a problem in my report. The question said that "How can ferromagnetic effect change to depend on particle/grain size(at nm (10, 50, 100, 1000...) and at [tex]\mu[/tex]m (0.5, 1, 2...)?" (In shortly, what can we observe at feromagnetic effect if we increase and decrease of particle/grain size?). In my opinion, if I have so small particle, I can not observe any ferromagnetic effect or have medium size we can observe, but it will be larger than old, I cannot observe ferromagnetic effect again. But, I cannot explain the reason of these results. (Maybe my answers can be wrong:smile:). Has anybody know the answers of my questions?

I look forward to your answers. Thanks for everything.
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 13, 2008 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What do you know about the relationship between grain boundaries and ferromagnetic domain walls?
  4. Apr 13, 2008 #3
    I don't know much more thing about them. But, I try to learn and solve their relationship. I read D6, 1/D, constant law some journals, but they don't give much more information. They are talked about just their size relationship, shortly. But, I wonder what is the reason of this changing?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?