1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ferromagnetic effect at smaller/larger grain size

1. Apr 13, 2008 #1
    Hi everybody,

I have faced with a problem in my report. The question said that "How can ferromagnetic effect change to depend on particle/grain size(at nm (10, 50, 100, 1000...) and at [tex]\mu[/tex]m (0.5, 1, 2...)?" (In shortly, what can we observe at feromagnetic effect if we increase and decrease of particle/grain size?). In my opinion, if I have so small particle, I can not observe any ferromagnetic effect or have medium size we can observe, but it will be larger than old, I cannot observe ferromagnetic effect again. But, I cannot explain the reason of these results. (Maybe my answers can be wrong:smile:). Has anybody know the answers of my questions?

I look forward to your answers. Thanks for everything.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 13, 2008 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What do you know about the relationship between grain boundaries and ferromagnetic domain walls?

4. Apr 13, 2008 #3
    I don't know much more thing about them. But, I try to learn and solve their relationship. I read D6, 1/D, constant law some journals, but they don't give much more information. They are talked about just their size relationship, shortly. But, I wonder what is the reason of this changing?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?