1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Few questions about engineering( schools)

1. Nov 2, 2011 #1
    Hi everyone, I am a grade 12 student and everyone I know is applying or already accepted into a university and I have no idea on where I want to go. I want to become an engineer, probably a civil engineer because I find that designing buildings and other big constructs would be very fun.
    I am a good math and science student so I think that I can handle that if i tried.
    So my questions are basically,
    1. What Canadian universities would be a good idea to apply for? I was thinking about Waterloo or Dalhousie, but not really sure so would like ideas and why they would be a good choice.

2. How hard is engineering from one school to another?

3.And finally, do you need to take an English course? I'm a weak English student and that I am not sure I would be able to do if it was a very intense course.

Anyway I would like to say thanks in advance and I hope for responses!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 2, 2011 #2
    Hi, I am also a grade 12 student in Canada
    If you love designing buildings, wouldn't that be closer to architecture?
    1. I believe Waterloo is the best choice for future engineers, especially because of its coop programme. What my cousellor told us is, in economy like this, work experience is really important to get a permenant job.
    2. I can't really tell.
    3. In case of waterloo, as long as you pass english writing exam (I forgot what it is called), you don't have to take english courses

My response is based on what I have heard from others so you might want hear others' opinnion as well.

p.s. Do you live in Halifax?

4. Nov 2, 2011 #3
    p.s. Do you live in Halifax?[/QUOTE]

no I live in new brunswick and I want to leave it to see more places

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook