Few questions about engineering( schools)

In summary, the conversation revolves around the speaker's uncertainty about which Canadian universities to apply to for engineering and whether they need to take an English course. They mention their interest in becoming a civil engineer and their strengths in math and science. Another person suggests Waterloo as a good choice due to its coop program. They also mention the importance of work experience in the current economy. The conversation ends with the speaker expressing their desire to leave their current location to explore new places.
kelseyE
Hi everyone, I am a grade 12 student and everyone I know is applying or already accepted into a university and I have no idea on where I want to go. I want to become an engineer, probably a civil engineer because I find that designing buildings and other big constructs would be very fun.
I am a good math and science student so I think that I can handle that if i tried.
So my questions are basically,
1. What Canadian universities would be a good idea to apply for? I was thinking about Waterloo or Dalhousie, but not really sure so would like ideas and why they would be a good choice.

2. How hard is engineering from one school to another?

3.And finally, do you need to take an English course? I'm a weak English student and that I am not sure I would be able to do if it was a very intense course.

Anyway I would like to say thanks in advance and I hope for responses!

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi, I am also a grade 12 student in Canada
If you love designing buildings, wouldn't that be closer to architecture?
1. I believe Waterloo is the best choice for future engineers, especially because of its coop programme. What my cousellor told us is, in economy like this, work experience is really important to get a permenant job.
2. I can't really tell.
3. In case of waterloo, as long as you pass english writing exam (I forgot what it is called), you don't have to take english courses

My response is based on what I have heard from others so you might want hear others' opinnion as well.

p.s. Do you live in Halifax?

p.s. Do you live in Halifax?[/QUOTE]

no I live in new brunswick and I want to leave it to see more places

What are the top engineering schools in the world?

Some of the top engineering schools in the world include Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Stanford University, University of California-Berkeley, and University of Cambridge.

What are the different types of engineering degrees?

There are several types of engineering degrees, including Aerospace Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering.

What are the key factors to consider when choosing an engineering school?

Some key factors to consider when choosing an engineering school include the program's accreditation, faculty and research opportunities, internship and co-op opportunities, location and campus life, and cost and financial aid options.

How long does it typically take to earn an engineering degree?

The length of time it takes to earn an engineering degree can vary depending on the specific program and the student's course load. On average, it takes 4-5 years to earn a bachelor's degree, 2 years for a master's degree, and 3-5 years for a doctoral degree.

What are the job prospects for engineering graduates?

Engineering is a highly in-demand field, and there is a strong job market for engineering graduates. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment in engineering occupations is projected to grow 4% from 2019 to 2029, adding about 316,000 new jobs.