Feynman Lectures Audio - Find Where to Listen

In summary, The Feynman Lectures Audio are a collection of audio recordings of lectures given by Nobel Prize-winning physicist Richard Feynman. They cover a wide range of topics in physics and can be found on various online platforms or purchased from the official website. While they may be challenging for beginners, they can still be valuable for those with a strong interest in physics. They can be accessed for free on some platforms, and are not limited to just physicists - anyone with an interest in physics can benefit from them.
glueball8
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find the audio version of the "Feynman Lectures"?? I know not all of them are taped, but most are, I can't seem to find them anywhere. Help!

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
They are available in mp3 from audible.com via download and probably other sellers as well. Twenty volumes of typically 6 lectures. They're not in order but you can google for a map that shows which lectures are in which volume. The mp3s are based on the earlier audio CD and cassette formats.

I am familiar with the renowned physicist Richard Feynman and his lectures on physics. While I am not aware of any official audio versions of the Feynman Lectures, there are several unofficial recordings available online. However, I would caution against relying solely on these recordings as they may not accurately represent the material presented in the original lectures. It may be beneficial to also refer to the written versions of the lectures, which can be found in various formats such as books and online resources. Additionally, many universities and institutions offer courses based on the Feynman Lectures, which may include audio or video recordings of the lectures. I recommend reaching out to these institutions for access to their resources.

1. What are the Feynman Lectures Audio?

The Feynman Lectures Audio is a collection of audio recordings of lectures given by Nobel Prize-winning physicist Richard Feynman. These lectures cover a wide range of topics in physics, including classical mechanics, electromagnetism, and quantum mechanics.

2. Where can I find the Feynman Lectures Audio?

The Feynman Lectures Audio can be found on various online platforms, such as Audible, iTunes, and YouTube. It is also available for purchase as a CD or digital download on the official Feynman Lectures website.

3. Are the Feynman Lectures Audio suitable for beginners?

The Feynman Lectures Audio are known for being quite advanced and may be challenging for beginners. However, they can still be a valuable resource for those with a strong interest in physics and a basic understanding of the subject.

4. Can I listen to the Feynman Lectures Audio for free?

Some platforms, such as YouTube, offer free access to the Feynman Lectures Audio. However, the official website and other platforms may require payment for the lectures.

5. Are the Feynman Lectures Audio only for physicists?

While the lectures are aimed at a scientific audience, they can be enjoyed by anyone with an interest in physics and a willingness to learn. Many non-scientists have found the lectures to be engaging and informative.