Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fibromyalgia, alternative med, cbd

1. Aug 8, 2018 #1
    I don't know if this is the right section to ask this but I'll take my chances anyway.

I Just want to ask if someone here knows the right marijuana strain to use when it come with fibromyalgia?

I've been suffering with back pain for almost 7 months now and can't sleep properly at night. I already have a prescription meds but I refrain on using them coz it only take the pain for a minute or so and back again. Then one of my friends gave me a joint to try if it makes me feel better and it does! I try asking him what it is but he has no idea also. So I started doing my own research about medical marijuana and strains that would be effective against pain and came across this some a website. <Moderator's note: Advertisement link removed.>
    I'm not sure if that's the strain that I've tried but it has the highest pain management effect. Cbd and thc are all new to me. I also read that drinking it as tea or as a muffin/cake is an option, but is relief effects the same? Why can't they simply make pills out of marijuana - or maybe there are that I am not aware of. If it's true, then I would very much appreciate any ideas and advice on what strain is good and how to use it medically. Thanks in advance to those who'll answer.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2018
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 9, 2018 #2

fresh_42

2017 Award

Staff: Mentor

I'm afraid we can't help you with this.
    • We lack expertise.
    • We cannot give medical advise: too dangerous.
    • It's a matter of responsibility to advice you to consult a real doctor.
    • Such discussions on the internet are never a good idea to rely on.
    • We cannot control who answers out of which interest.
    So all we can do is to send you to a doctor or pharmacologist who know better what can help you on this special case.

Get well.
    Thread closed.

4. Aug 9, 2018 #3

jim mcnamara

Staff: Mentor

PF cannot provide medical advice. Please consult your medial professional.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook