Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Finally Here: Harry Potter's Invisibility Cloak

1. Feb 3, 2006 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 3, 2006 #2
    Also check out the articles linked below this one.
  4. Feb 3, 2006 #3
    There already is a sci-fi studies at my school
  5. Feb 3, 2006 #4

Staff: Mentor

My guess would be that's in the psychology department, though....

How about a course in "hoaxes and crackpottery"...?
  6. Feb 3, 2006 #5
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: this site is as funny as hell :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: (looked at the other "news")

these are real photos, but the wierd thing is - the photo you got on that mosnews site is courtesy of ©Tachi Laboratory, the University of Tokyo.... :biggrin:

howstuffworks got an explanation of this tech:

to sum it up - the "invisibility cloak" requires you to stand infront of a half-mirror, while a camera connected to a computer is behind you, so that the image of the background is projected on your cloak...

news sites are full of cr*p.

here's the original "invention" form 2003 http://projects.star.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/projects/MEDIA/xv/oc.html
    and some videos of it: http://www.thegreenhead.com/technology/2004/05/japanese-scientist-invents.php

and to end this post i'd add: "Its true, the guy driving the floating car was wearing one".
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2006
  7. Feb 3, 2006 #6

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I would have guessed an English department.

Of course, the article fails to notice the obvious...we can still see the guy in the picture! :rofl:
  8. Feb 3, 2006 #7
    i woulda guess it would be a interdisplinary programme with psych/phys/philo as the backbone.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?