Find an equation for the horizontal tangent to the curve y=x-3root x

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 4K views
r-soy
Messages
170
Reaction score
1
Hi

a ) find an equation for the horizontal tangent to the curve y=x-3root x
b) What is range of values of values of curve's slope ?
c ) What is range of values of curve ?

number a already I solved but my queation now in b and c

-----

I try to solve
b)
to get curve's slope must derivatives
range of values of values of curve's slope is ( - infinity , 1 ]
becuse when we put ( 0 ) in curve's slope It will comw 1


c ) did here put zero in y=x-3root x


please help me .
 
Physics news on Phys.org
r-soy said:
Hi

a ) find an equation for the horizontal tangent to the curve y=x-3root x
What does 3root x mean?

Does it mean [tex]\sqrt[3]{x}[/tex]

or [tex]3\sqrt{x}[/tex]
?
r-soy said:
b) What is range of values of values of curve's slope ?
c ) What is range of values of curve ?

number a already I solved but my queation now in b and c

-----

I try to solve
b)
to get curve's slope must derivatives
range of values of values of curve's slope is ( - infinity , 1 ]
becuse when we put ( 0 ) in curve's slope It will comw 1
What did you get for the derivative of this function?
r-soy said:
c ) did here put zero in y=x-3root x


please help me .
 
I get for the derivative of this function?

3 X 1/2rootx

= 3/2rootx