Find how many times blood is filtered in the kidney?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
prishila
Messages
36
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


The blood that circulates in our body is about 1/12 of our mass. If the kidneys filter 7.5 liter of blood a hour, then how many times does it filter in the kidney the whole blood of a person will mass 60kg?

Homework Equations


1/12*60=5 liter blood

The Attempt at a Solution


Here's what my teacher did:
1/12*60=5 liter blood
0.55*5=2.75 liter plasma of blood.
The plasma is filtered 60 times is 24 hours. (how did she find that?)
24 hours ->60 times the plasma filters
1 hour -> x
x=2.5 times
Do you understand her explanation? What should I do next?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Something is off here. I don't see how the plasma is related to the original question at all, as far as I can tell it is just about volumes of the blood. 7.5/5=1.5 times per hour.