Find Photogate Magnets for CENCO Launcher Apparatus

  • Thread starter Thread starter kq6up
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Magnets
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 5K views
kq6up
Messages
366
Reaction score
13
I have a CENCO projectile launcher apparatus If I had the little magnets that allow photogates to stick to the metal protractor that is on the side of the projectile launcher, I could make it a better lab. The magnets are pictured in the manual, but I can't find them anywhere on the net. Has anyone seen these? Have any idea where I can find them.

Thanks,
Chris Maness
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You'll have to get them from the manufacturer.
How about using something else - double-sided tape, blue-tack, gum...?
 


Hi Chris Maness,

I haven't personally used the CENCO projectile launcher apparatus, but I have had experience with similar equipment. Have you tried contacting CENCO directly to inquire about the magnets? They may be able to provide you with the specific magnets or at least point you in the right direction.

Another suggestion would be to check with other science teachers or colleagues who may have the same apparatus. They may have some extra magnets that they could lend or sell to you.

If those options don't work, you could also try searching for "neodymium magnets" online. These are very strong magnets that may work as a substitute for the ones pictured in the manual. Just make sure to check the dimensions and strength before purchasing.

I hope you are able to find the magnets you need and improve your lab with them. Good luck!