Find Power Series Representation for $g$: Interval of Convergence

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
karush
Gold Member
MHB
Messages
3,240
Reaction score
5
$\textrm{a. find the power series representation for $g$ centered at 0 by differentiation}\\$
$\textrm{ or Integrating the power series for $f$ perhaps more than once}$
\begin{align*}\displaystyle
f(x)&=\frac{1}{1-3x} \\
&=\sum_{k=1}^{\infty}
\end{align*}
$\textsf{b. Give interval of convergence of the new series } $

just reviewing but ? on this one
 
Physics news on Phys.org
skeeter said:
How are the the functions $f$ and $g$ related?
do you suggest this:
$$\frac{1}{1-x}=\sum_{n=0}^{\infty}x^n$$
 
karush said:
do you suggest this:
$$\frac{1}{1-x}=\sum_{n=0}^{\infty}x^n$$

The information regarding how $f$ and $g$ are related is missing...without that, we cannot help. :D
 
karush said:
do you suggest this:
$$\frac{1}{1-x}=\sum_{n=0}^{\infty}x^n$$

I didn't suggest anything ... I don't know the relationship between $f$ and $g$ because you have not provided that essential piece of information.
 
it was from math lab which I don't have acess to anymore. so g probably was noted there..

sorry I just drop the problem