Find the derivative of (t^2 - 4/t^4)*t^3

  • Thread starter Thread starter carbz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Derivative
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
carbz
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
I have two of these here...

Homework Statement


Find the derivative


Homework Equations


[tex](t^2-\frac{4}{t^4})*t^3[/tex]


The Attempt at a Solution


This is how far I got:
[tex](t^2-4t(^-4))(t(^3))[/tex]
[tex](t^2-4t(^-4))(3t(^2))+(t^3)(2t+16t(^-5))[/tex]


Homework Statement


Find the derivative


Homework Equations


[tex]f(x) = \frac{(6x+5)(x^3-2)}{(3x^2-5)}[/tex]


The Attempt at a Solution


This is what I got only:
[tex](6x+5)(x^3-2)(3x^2-5)(^-1)[/tex]
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Well for [tex](t^2-\frac{4}{t^4})*t^3[/tex]

you could just multiply it out and get [tex]t^5+\frac{4}{t}=t^5+4t^{-1}[/tex] and proceed to differentiate w.r.t. t

for the 2nd one
[tex]\frac{d}{dx}(uv)=\frac{v\frac{du}{dx}+u\frac{dv}{dx}}{v^2}[/tex]

by that formula you should see that the end derivative would be a fraction
 
always simplify from the beginning if you can

for 2. take the ln of both sides and expand it then take the derivative
 
Allright, thanks. I got both problems worked out correctly now.