drkidd22 Messages 59 Reaction score 0 Thread starter May 7, 2010 #1 Homework Statement See attached .pdf. Need to find the moment of force P about O. Force P in300N @ 30degree Homework Equations cosine law sine law The Attempt at a Solution see attached. Please confirm I did this ok. Attachments 05072010_00000.pdf 05072010_00000.pdf 360.9 KB · Views: 279
Homework Statement See attached .pdf. Need to find the moment of force P about O. Force P in300N @ 30degree Homework Equations cosine law sine law The Attempt at a Solution see attached. Please confirm I did this ok.
Doc Al Mentor Messages 45,589 Reaction score 2,481 May 7, 2010 #2 Note that the angle is with respect to the vertical. I think you may have mixed up Fax and Fay.
drkidd22 Messages 59 Reaction score 0 May 7, 2010 #3 Yeah I noticed that. I should use 60 degrees instead I guess
Doc Al Mentor Messages 45,589 Reaction score 2,481 May 7, 2010 #4 drkidd22 said: Yeah I noticed that. I should use 60 degrees instead I guess Yes. The x-component is Fcosθ, where θ is the angle with respect to the +x axis.
drkidd22 said: Yeah I noticed that. I should use 60 degrees instead I guess Yes. The x-component is Fcosθ, where θ is the angle with respect to the +x axis.