Find Tmin for J=1 to J=0 and J=2 to J=1

  • Thread starter Thread starter jen21
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
jen21
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
1. Find Tmin (minimun temp) for J=1→J=0 and J=2→J=1
2. I was given the equation, Tmin=√h(J+1)/2k
3. This is probably really simple, but I don't understand the J=1→J=0 and in the equation there is only one J. I'm just not sure what to do, any help would be nice! Thank you!
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
What physical process does this equation refer to?
It seems you need to find the minimum temperature for 2 regions.
1 for J from 1 to 0 and the other for J from 2 to 1.
Normally one determine a minimum/maximum value of a function by setting the first derivative equal to 0.