Find Tolerance Limit for f(x)=x^2.5 Near 0

  • Thread starter Thread starter mnzavislan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Limit Tolerance
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
mnzavislan
Messages
3
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Consider f(x)=x^2.5. Note that limf(x) as x->0+ =0. The input must be less than ___ from 0 to guarantee the output is within 0.1 of the limit.

Homework Equations



N/A

The Attempt at a Solution

 
Physics news on Phys.org
What have you tried?

Where are you stuck ?
 
If I'm correct, the output can be 0.1 and -0.1. So I have computed:
f(0.1)= 0.00316 and f(-0.1)= -0.00316
These are the inputs that guarantee the output to be within 0.1 of the limit, 0. However, I think there is an error in my thinking somewhere.
 
You used 0.1 as an input.

Solve f(x-0) = 0 + 0.1 for x.