1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Finding 12.7mm and 13mm dia wedge prisms

1. Sep 23, 2014 #1
    Hello,

Can anyone give me a heads up for a lens manufacturer that sells 12.7mm or 13mm dia wedge prisms? It seems all my sources only have 25.4mm.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 23, 2014 #2

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

It looks like Alkor will do this. It may be a custom order, but you could call them to find that out.

http://www.alkor.net/wedges.html

That page lists some rather exotic materials, but in the text they say they'll do fused silica or BK7 as well.

Note: I have never dealt with them before, nor heard of them before finding them in a google search just now.

EDIT: It looks like they are located in Russia. Not sure if that is a problem.

4. Sep 24, 2014 #3
    Thanks, Redbelly.
    I've found a few custom houses since. On specializes in blanks and has the quote "Our world is flat."

PS - It seems I used to know a fellow that looked a lot like you and would come pecking into one of my old trees...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook