1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Finding jobs for the government/labs/universities

1. Aug 6, 2009 #1
    Good evening PH, I am currently a freshman in college preparing for my third semester, and I know im looking into the future here, but I have a few questions that hopefully you all can answer. After I complete my bachelors I hope to attend grad school. I intend on double majoring in an engineering discipline (EE or BE), and Chem for a future in nanoscience, and I was thinking about the different places I could work for in that type of field. I don't know much about government jobs in that type of field, or even labs and such where scientists/engineers are employed in nanoscience or related fields. Does anyone know where said scientists/engineers can get employment? Also, if anyone has any experience working for the government or knows someone that does, is it a good idea? As for working for universities, how does one go about doing that as well? I do not know much about careers after college in terms of employment, and although I am still in my first year, I just want to get a general idea of where I can work and things of that nature. Thanks in advance for your help.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 6, 2009 #2

Wax

It's easy. All you have to do is find a professor working on a project and ask him. Check your university website. You can find a list of professor names and it usually provides a link and contact information to what their research is on. You could get a part time job before you graduate.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook