Finding jobs for the government/labs/universities

  • Thread starter Thread starter egregious1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jobs
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
egregious1
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Good evening PH, I am currently a freshman in college preparing for my third semester, and I know I am looking into the future here, but I have a few questions that hopefully you all can answer. After I complete my bachelors I hope to attend grad school. I intend on double majoring in an engineering discipline (EE or BE), and Chem for a future in nanoscience, and I was thinking about the different places I could work for in that type of field. I don't know much about government jobs in that type of field, or even labs and such where scientists/engineers are employed in nanoscience or related fields. Does anyone know where said scientists/engineers can get employment? Also, if anyone has any experience working for the government or knows someone that does, is it a good idea? As for working for universities, how does one go about doing that as well? I do not know much about careers after college in terms of employment, and although I am still in my first year, I just want to get a general idea of where I can work and things of that nature. Thanks in advance for your help.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
It's easy. All you have to do is find a professor working on a project and ask him. Check your university website. You can find a list of professor names and it usually provides a link and contact information to what their research is on. You could get a part time job before you graduate.
 
Last edited: