1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Finding matrices from an inversive matrix

1. Feb 8, 2015 #1
    • Moved from a technical math section, so missing the template
    Hello all,

I'm trying to work on this problem for my homework, but I just can't seem to understand what to do.

I know how to calculate the inversive of a matrix but I just don't know how to approach this kind of a problem.

I was searching everywhere for some guidance on how to approach it, but I just don't understand how.

Please, I am not looking for the answer, I am just looking for the method on how to solve it.

I uploaded a picture with the question.

Thank you so much

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 8, 2015 #2

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Do you not know how to handle block matrixes?

4. Feb 8, 2015 #3
    Well, I read about it and found a few youtube videos that helped me understand it much better, but still I don't know what to do.

I calculated the inverse of matrix A, but then I got stuck on what should I do.

Should I get the inverse of A just divide the matrix into block matrix and try to find a matrix that replaces the values?

Thanks

5. Feb 8, 2015 #4

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

What happens if you multiply the two block matrices together? The product should be the identity matrix, right?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted