Finding non-dial-up internet in an area with limited providers

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
RiseAgainst
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
I really want to get high speed internet. The problem is that I can't find any company that offers it where I live for a reasonable price. I can get satellite internet as can everyone else, but Verizon (my phone provider), and Comcast don't offer their high speed at my house. Does anyone have suggestions for non-dial-up service providers? I don't even care if it's fast, as long as it isn't dial-up.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I hate to break it to you but you're probably out of luck, especially if you live in a small town like I do. Do you have a friend close to you with a wireless router? If you did, maybe you could share a connection though if you do any online transactions, make sure you could trust him first because it's possible to sniff the traffic.