1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Finding Period (T) from time (t)

1. Feb 6, 2006 #1
    How do i do this!! I have a long problem with several question parts about waves and I know how to do all of it except the first question is asking me to find velocity which I need frequency for, which I need Period for! Anyone please help Period and time have been a stumper for me all year please help me set this straight and understand it, thanks anyone.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 6, 2006 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Your question is too vague. Please post the actual problem (or perhaps just the first part of it), so we can see exactly what you need help with.

- Warren

4. Feb 6, 2006 #3
    alright well its a basic wave, with an amplitude of .03 m and a lambda of .08 m. It's asking for the speed when the time for ONE wave (it says point a to reach point f, they are two crests which are in phase) is 2 seconds.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?