Finding R in terms of h for a ball dropped at v with 2D motion?

  • Thread starter Thread starter -EquinoX-
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Dimensions
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
-EquinoX-
Messages
561
Reaction score
1

Homework Statement


here's a picture of what the case is :

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/6425/imagevn8.png"

if I drop a ball with the initial velocity is v at h. How do I find R here in terms of h?

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Forums rules state you have to atleast attempt the problem. I'll give you a hint though, you only need Newtons second law to solve this problem.
 
well, I found a rule in the textbook where R = (v*2sin(theta))/g, but I wasn't really sure if this works as it's for projectile cases and it doesn't show anything about h. I need to find the equation using the two dimensional rules formulas.