Finding the Limit of (cos(Pi/2x))^2x when x is ∞

  • Thread starter Thread starter Frank Einstein
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Limit
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
Frank Einstein
Messages
166
Reaction score
1
Member warned about posting homework with no effort

Homework Statement



I have a problem, I don't know how to find the limit (cos(Pi/2x))^2x when x is ∞

Homework Equations



(1+(1/x))^(1/x)=e

The Attempt at a Solution


I have been looking for solutions on the internet, but most of these just tend to be for fractions, I don't know how to operate with a cosine.
Any help?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Have you tried inserting numbers like x as 1,10,100... To see how the formula trends that might give you an idea of what happens as x gets larger?

Do you know the value of cos(0) or cos(PI/2) ?

You need to show us some work before we can help further.