Finding the Number of Classes Attended Based on Minutes and Cost

• Thread starter zak100
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Classes
In summary, to solve this problem, we can set N as the number of classes Randilf attended. We can then create equations to represent the number of minutes he was in class and the amount of money he spent on classes. By comparing these two equations and solving for N, we can determine the number of classes Randilf attended this month.
zak100

Homework Statement

One company offers 45 minute classes at 12$ per class. If the number of minutes Randilf spent during Yoga this month was 132 greater than the number of dollars he paid, how many classes did he attend?

Homework Equations

No standard eq

The Attempt at a Solution

First class = 1-45min
Second class = 45-90 min
Third class less thank 45 minutes
So classes attended is 2 which is not correct. Some body please guide me.

Zulfi.

Physics news on Phys.org
zak100 said:

Homework Statement

One company offers 45 minute classes at 12$ per class. If the number of minutes Randilf spent during Yoga this month was 132 greater than the number of dollars he paid, how many classes did he attend?

Homework Equations

No standard eq

The Attempt at a Solution

First class = 1-45min
Second class = 45-90 min
So classes attended is 2 which is not correct. Some body please guide me.

Zulfi.

Let N = number of classes he attends. Set up an equation in N and solve it.

zak100 said:
First class = 1-45min
Second class = 45-90 min
?
I don't see what you're trying to do here.
Ray Vickson said:
Let N = number of classes he attends. Set up an equation in N and solve it.
Starting with Ray's suggestion, write one expression that represents the number of minutes he was in class, and another that represents the cost for that many classes.

Let N= number of classes:
1st eq:
1 class = 45 min
N classes= N * 45 minutes
2nd eq:
45 min = 12$
N * 45 min = N * 12$

Is it correct?

Zulfi.

zak100 said:
Let N= number of classes:
1st eq:
1 class = 45 min
N classes= N * 45 minutes
2nd eq:
45 min = 12$
N * 45 min = N * 12$

Is it correct?

Zulfi.

Don't ask---just solve it and check whether your solution satisfies the conditions of the problem.

When you continually ask "is it correct" half-way through a solution (as you do over and over again in many of your threads) you are not developing the necessary confidence in your own abilities. What would you do on an exam, where you cannot ask anyone?

Likes lekh2003
zak100 said:
45 min = 12$
N * 45 min = N * 12$

Is it correct?
No.
1) As an equation, 45 minutes does NOT equal $12. The units don't match at all.
2) Your second equation is wrong as well. You are omitting important information in this problem.
Ray Vickson said:
Don't ask---just solve it and check whether your solution satisfies the conditions of the problem.
What Ray said...

Hi,
Please simplify the prob. I can't understand it.

Ray Vickson said:

I am block.
In my view this is not logical of forum. Right now i am not in exam. And in forum i can interact. For good score I must solve variety of problems. And i need help that's why i posted on forum.Zulfi.

Last edited by a moderator:
zak100 said:
Let N = the number of classes Randilf was in this month.

How many minutes was Randilf in class this month?
How many dollars did Randilf spend for the classes this month?
Are these two numbers equal?
If not, which one is larger, and by how much?

1. What are "45 minute classes"?

"45 minute classes" refer to classes or lessons that last for 45 minutes, typically in an educational or academic setting.

2. How do I find 45 minute classes?

You can find 45 minute classes by searching online for schools or institutions that offer classes with a duration of 45 minutes. You can also check with your local community center or library for any 45 minute classes they may offer.

3. What subjects are typically taught in 45 minute classes?

45 minute classes can cover a wide range of subjects, from math and science to language arts and physical education. It ultimately depends on the institution or school offering the class.

4. Are there any benefits to taking 45 minute classes?

Yes, there are several benefits to taking 45 minute classes. These classes allow for shorter and more focused learning periods, which can be beneficial for students with shorter attention spans. They also allow for more flexibility in scheduling and can cover a wider range of topics in a shorter amount of time.

5. How are 45 minute classes different from traditional hour-long classes?

45 minute classes are typically shorter in duration compared to traditional hour-long classes. This can allow for more focused learning and can also provide more flexibility in scheduling. Additionally, 45 minute classes may cover a wider range of topics compared to hour-long classes.