Finished EE B.Sc degree - What to do next?

• Thread starter Mastaan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Degree Ee
In summary, the person is from Toronto, Canada and is considering getting a certification in PLC technician and Robotics technician from George Brown College. They have a scholarship from high school but are unsure if it will help them find a job. They have been out of work for 6 months and are considering going to Alberta in January or pursuing a M. eng or M. Sc degree. They have also been told that there is a high demand for engineers in Alberta.
Mastaan
Hi I am from Toronto, Canada and as its pretty hard to find a job at the moment. Should I get a certification in PLC technician and Robotics technician from George Brown College. I have a scholarship from them from High School. I don't know if they will help me. These are 32 weeks online FT programs. I have been out for 6 months and no jobs yet :(. Or should I just keep applying. Or go for M. eng or M. Sc ?

Sigh ...

Physics news on Phys.org
Do you have co-op experience? If so go to Alberta... supposedly they are crying for engineers out there.

MarcZZ said:
Do you have co-op experience? If so go to Alberta... supposedly they are crying for engineers out there.

Yes I am told that too. I am thinking of heading over to Alberta in January or so.

1. What career options are available with a finished EE B.Sc degree?

There are various career options available for individuals with a finished EE B.Sc degree. Some common job titles include electrical engineer, electronics engineer, power systems engineer, telecommunications engineer, and computer hardware engineer. Other potential fields of work include renewable energy, aerospace, automotive, and telecommunications industries.

2. Should I pursue further education after completing my EE B.Sc degree?

It depends on your career goals and interests. Pursuing a master's degree or PhD in electrical engineering can open up opportunities for higher-level positions in research, academia, and industry. It can also lead to a higher salary and more specialized knowledge in a specific area of EE.

3. How do I stay current with advancements in the field of electrical engineering?

Continuing education and professional development courses can help you stay up-to-date with advancements in the field. Joining professional organizations and attending conferences and workshops can also provide opportunities for networking and learning about the latest technologies and trends in EE.

4. Are there any specific skills or certifications that can make me more competitive in the job market?

Yes, having additional skills and certifications can make you stand out in the job market. Some examples include proficiency in programming languages such as C++, Python, or Java, knowledge of CAD software, experience with project management, and certifications in specific areas of EE such as power systems or telecommunications.

5. What are some potential challenges I may face in the job market with a finished EE B.Sc degree?

Some potential challenges may include a highly competitive job market, particularly in certain industries or locations. It may also be challenging to find a job that aligns with your specific interests or to secure a higher salary without additional education or experience. Networking and gaining relevant experience through internships or co-op programs can help overcome these challenges.