What is the employment outlook for a B.Sc degree in nanoscience?

  • Topic: Programs 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Megalo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Degree Employment
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Megalo
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I'm currently an Commerce student in second year university, and the material is so painfully dry that I can't take it anymore. I've always had an interest in physical chemistry and electrical engineering, and I'm now planning on switching into nanoscience. However, I'm pretty concerned about finding employment upon graduation. So I figured I'd ask a bunch of people who actually work in the field: What is the employment outlook for a B.Sc degree in nanoscience?
At my university, the nanoscience program has a combined focus on physical chemistry and electrical engineering. Would this approach to nanoscience be ideal? Or would switching into a nanoscience/nanotech program that focuses more on all of the general principles of physics be more useful? Would somebody with a B.Sc degree that happens to be comprised mostly of engineering courses have any chance of getting into engineering grad school? Or is that strictly restricted to B.Eng grads?

Thanks for any and all help
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Or consider materials science & engineering, with a specialty in nanomaterials.