Finite element skeleton code for matlab

In summary, the conversation is about the search for a finite element skeleton source code for the application of pseudo one-dimensional compressible converging diverging nozzles. The person is looking for a code that can handle energy, momentum, and continuity equations and can model two nozzles in series. They mention Planet Source Code and Matlab's website as potential resources for finding the code.
rppearso
Hello,

Does anyone know if a finite element skeleton source code exists. Finite element can be used for structural memebers, gas dynamics, etc. But the over all stepping software is the same and then just input the core equations.

My application is for pseudo one dimensional compressible converging diverging nozzels. So I would have energy, momentum and continuity. I would then itterate the shape factor A(x) until I got the desired mach numbers at various locations along the path. In theory I would like to be able to model 2 converging diverging nozzels in series.

I am guessing the skeleton code exists so I would hate to spend huge amounts of time re-inventing the wheel.

Thank you,

Physics news on Phys.org
Awesome, thank you.

I will let you know how it works.

1. What is a finite element skeleton code?

A finite element skeleton code is a numerical method used to solve partial differential equations in engineering and scientific applications. It involves dividing a complex system into smaller, simpler elements and then using mathematical techniques to approximate the behavior of the entire system.

2. What is the purpose of using a skeleton code in MATLAB?

The purpose of using a skeleton code in MATLAB is to provide a framework for implementing finite element methods. It provides the basic structure and algorithms needed to solve a wide range of problems, while also allowing for customization and optimization for specific applications.

3. How does the finite element skeleton code work in MATLAB?

The finite element skeleton code in MATLAB works by discretizing a complex problem into smaller elements, applying mathematical techniques to solve for the behavior of each element, and then assembling the results to obtain a solution for the entire system. This process is repeated iteratively to improve the accuracy of the solution.

4. What are the benefits of using a finite element skeleton code in MATLAB?

Using a finite element skeleton code in MATLAB allows for efficient and accurate numerical solutions to complex problems. It also provides a flexible framework for implementing various finite element methods and can handle a wide range of boundary conditions and material properties.

5. Are there any limitations to using a finite element skeleton code in MATLAB?

Some limitations of using a finite element skeleton code in MATLAB include the need for expertise in both finite element methods and MATLAB programming. It also requires careful consideration of element type, mesh size, and convergence criteria to obtain accurate results. Additionally, for very large and complex systems, the computational resources needed may be a limitation.