Firefox breaking download records on Mozilla Download Day

  • Thread starter Thread starter rootX
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
32 replies · 5K views
Moonbear said:
That's weird. I haven't run into any issues with email being compatible with Firefox, even with the crummy email system we have at work here. I had some problems with it on Safari, but that's because they had decided not to support Macs for a while (I've been gradually getting them to come around).

https://webmail.mailtrust.com/

This one simply doesn't work!
I thought developers are lazy but seems like they are just forcing all to use IE
 
Physics news on Phys.org
More like a lot of developers are meth heads...Gotta be a few that are on tweak to stay up all night and code. Caffeine and loud music only work to a certain extent.
 
Evo said:
My company uses a lot of custom proprietary applications that are developed to work with IE. Firefox is incompatible. There is also a glitch in Firefox that would turn one of my personal POP 3 e-mail services "invisible" when I would try to read mail in my inbox, I could see that I had an e-mail, but the page would be blank, no one ever figured that one out.

No rootx, major multi-billion dollar companies like the one I work for have made a deliberate decision to have things work with only one browser in order to standardize and reduce problems with having to troubleshoot. It's stupid to go to all of the extra trouble to try to make things compatible with multiple browsers. That's the real world.

AS I suspected, I have no clue. I ought to have just kept it to myself. :biggrin: