Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Firefox Guinness World Record Attempt

1. May 29, 2008 #1
    Has anyone else been following the Firefox Guinness World Record Attempt? I'm gonna put my name down just for the sake of it - plus if it goes through there would be an entry in the world record book that I actually contributed too :D

Anyone else interested / heard about it?

2. jcsd
  3. May 29, 2008 #2
    What is it? Have you got a link?

4. May 29, 2008 #3

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

5. May 29, 2008 #4
    I love firefox, GIVE ME GIVE ME

6. May 29, 2008 #5
    OK, seriously now, download parties? That sounds completely ridiculous to me, but whatever.

Firefox is an awesome browser though, and I will download it whenever it comes out regardless of some silly "record."

7. May 29, 2008 #6
    I have signed up and can't wait for version 3. I've been using it for a couple of years now and it is great.

8. May 29, 2008 #7
    Do you all use the traditional theme, I have downloaded a cool one off their site.

9. May 29, 2008 #8

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

This makes no sense.

I can start my own site and let someone download some VB program I made, and then send my records and proof to Guiness, and I will hold the current title.

I'm not a fan of records like this because whatever the record turns out to be it might have been broken multiple times. It's just a matter of having transcripts, judges, and proofs.

Lame.

10. May 29, 2008 #9

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Come back here and say that after you get a million people to download your program in one day.

11. May 30, 2008 #10
    And after you website has crashed!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?