Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fit with implicit nonlinear function - Matlab

1. Oct 19, 2015 #1
    Hi guys! I am trying to fit a function whose x data depends nonlinearly on the parameter of the fit and I am having hard time doing that!
    I will explain better: from my experiment I was able to measure my ydata e my x0 array and I know that my xdata are:
    x=x0+a/(1+4x^2), with a being a parameter of the fit that I need to find.
    After found a I can try to fit my data knowing my fitting function F(x,b) with b another parameter of the fit.
    I managed to find a "brute" way to find the best a parameter for my data, by simply making it change and measuring the difference between my fitting function and my ydata. But know that I have to add a second parameter to the fit I really don't know what to do! Any help?
    Thanks a lot

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 22, 2015 #2

kreil

Gold Member

It is difficult to ascertain your problem based on your post. Can you please post a self-contained piece of code instead? Then it will be easier for other people to run your code and help you fix it or add to it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook