Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fluid is a refrigirant and pressurized like in most air conditioners

1. Jan 22, 2008 #1
    situation:

1. i have 2 pipes. the source is pipe A and i will connect it to pipe B. the diameter of Pipe varies and has a range, lets say around 1 in. pipe A can be larger than pipe B. what mechanism shall i i use in order to avoid leakage during the process? the fluid is a refrigirant and pressurized like in most air conditioners (window-type)

2. i have this evaporator and i want to test its capacity. do i need to have the complete aircon parts (condenser, compressor, expansion device, etc) or just a refrigirant tank, pump and an air source.?

3. if the test is done, what design shall i use to be sure that there is no refrigirant left in the evaporator and it goes back to the tank?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 22, 2008 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

1. Your first question is unfinished....

2. You can't test an evaporator without a functional air conditioning cycle.

3. Not sure about this one - I guess I always thought a little bit of the gas was lost.

4. Jan 22, 2008 #3
    so, what will i do to minimize the refrigirant left in the heat exchanger?

5. Jan 23, 2008 #4
    i've edited the 1st post,,,

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?