Share Animal Pictures: For Animal Lovers

• Thread starter micromass
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Animal
In summary: In summary, this conversation consisted of various links to funny and cute animal pictures and gifs. The conversation also touched on the dangers of raising wild animals, the importance of having a sense of humor in certain areas of the forum, and an amusing owl meme.
  • #1,576
Psinter said:
Haha! That was funny.

Dancing or needing to go to the bathroom?

PtdB3CG.gif
What a cute stuffed doll!

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,577
Pepper Mint said:
What a cute stuffed doll!
Haha! It would have never crossed my mind calling it stuffed doll. :smile: But yeah.
DennisN said:
By the way, I've just seen Zootopia, and I really liked it, good dialog, funny and a well done movie:

The movie was awesome. I loved it.

• #1,578
Psinter said:
Haha! That was funny.

Dancing or needing to go to the bathroom?

PtdB3CG.gif
Didn't The Fruit Bat do stuff like that, sort of, from time to time? Where's @Evo?

Adorable, whatever the case. :woot:

Likes Evo and Psinter
  • #1,579
collinsmark said:
Didn't The Fruit Bat do stuff like that, sort of, from time to time? Where's @Evo?

I have never seen a fruit bat doing that, but I bet they look funny when doing that.

• #1,580
Here's the last 2 calves of the year for me..
This one is a day old
20160528_200715sm.jpg

an hour old..
20160529_092630sm.jpg

Attachments

• 20160328_164355sm.jpg
    20160328_164355sm.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 305
Likes DennisN, Sophia and Tsu
  • #1,581
collinsmark said:

Aww, that is so cute! The Fruit bat was a Japanese Chin and he did the "chin Spin" that they are well known for where they spin in circles when excited. They also whistle.

• #1,582
Remember the: "It's so fluffy I'm going to die!" phrase?

https://imgur.com/gallery/UiAFuXg

Well, this is so cute I may meet my end.
Or:
This is so cute I'm going to expire.

Likes DennisN
  • #1,583

Likes davenn
  • #1,584
DennisN said:

Tactical squirrel will be tactical squirrel.

Likes DennisN
  • #1,586
very beautiful these animals

• #1,587
I don't know if this is a real bunny, but awesome regardless.

funny-emo-bunny-hair.jpg

Likes DennisN and davenn
  • #1,590
yeshuamo said:
It looks animated! Is it real?
It's Meet Piper

Likes Psinter
  • #1,591
yeshuamo said:
It looks animated! Is it real?
Hihi. What Pepper Mint said. It's animated.

Thanks for the source Pepper Mint :smile:.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This one if funny:
vdtH2Na.png

Likes DennisN and Pepper Mint
  • #1,592
I really love this video

the dog is truly mans best friend :smile:

Dave

Likes Borg and 1oldman2
  • #1,593
Pepper Mint said:
It's Meet Piper

Psinter said:
What Pepper Mint said. It's animated.

Thanks to this, I watched it in the theater on Friday. My tears are on you.

Psinter said:
This one if funny:
vdtH2Na.png

It's hilarious!

Likes DennisN and Psinter
  • #1,594
Look who's on our balcony in an old tomato pot!
The pics are not very good because there was other stuff in front of them and I didn't want to move it or come closer in order not to disturb them. Since we discovered they were there we have minimized going on the balcony. But today I went there in the morning when I woke up and I completely forgotten about them! Fortunately, their mum wasn't there because she gets scared easily. The little ones didn't seem to mind me being there :)
I think they are popularly called "little falcon" here, maybe goshawk in English, but I'm not sure.

Attachments

• IMG_20160621_072051.jpg
    IMG_20160621_072051.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_20160621_072109.jpg
    IMG_20160621_072109.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_20160621_072245.jpg
    IMG_20160621_072245.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 392
Likes davenn, Tsu, Psinter and 1 other person
  • #1,595

Likes Sophia
  • #1,596
Sophia said:
Look who's on our balcony in an old tomato pot!
The pics are not very good because there was other stuff in front of them and I didn't want to move it or come closer in order not to disturb them. Since we discovered they were there we have minimized going on the balcony. But today I went there in the morning when I woke up and I completely forgotten about them! Fortunately, their mum wasn't there because she gets scared easily. The little ones didn't seem to mind me being there :)
I think they are popularly called "little falcon" here, maybe goshawk in English, but I'm not sure.
They are so small! And they are like cramped together. ヘ(^_^ヘ)

Likes Sophia
  • #1,597
My dog passed away on Fathers' Day just outside the Animal Emergency Clinic before we could get her inside. I really miss Sugar Bear.

• #1,598
johnnyrev said:
My dog passed away on Fathers' Day just outside the Animal Emergency Clinic before we could get her inside. I really miss Sugar Bear.
I'm so sorry to hear that :-(
Dogs are really members of family and it must hurt so much to lose her.

• #1,599
Please adopt a new one, you will love your new member. Personally I like male dogs better than female dogs because the latter are dirtier.

• #1,600
The amazing lyrebird...

Likes collinsmark, Pepper Mint, fresh_42 and 1 other person
  • #1,601
DennisN said:
The amazing lyrebird...
That always make me think: When it comes to introduced species there are Alexandrine parakeets living on the wild here. Even a small population of greater rheas made it to the wild. But no Keas ever escaped. They could make it far easier than the other two, but no ... - what a pitty!

• #1,602
This is an almost finished first version of my new tank. I say almost because as you can see, I've got an algae problem that I'll have to solve.
It's 125 litres (33 gallons) and there are 2 swordtails, 16 neon, 10 cardinal and 3 black tetras. There are also 5 netrite snails. The plants were bought in one set called "Ten plants for beginners".
I've only had the fish for slightly longer than one month and I already love them so much! They are like dogs because as soon as I walk into the room after work they start swimming like crazy and follow me expecting food- frozen mosquito larvae are their favourite! :) I also noticed distinct personalities. It's very relaxing to just sit on the armchair and watch them, it's a real form of meditation.
I know this is not the most beautiful tank you have ever seen. It's only a beginner's first attempt. But I just wanted to share my new pets and tell you that I'm determined to learn as much about this hobby as I can and improve the tank gradually because it's something that has really caught my interest.

Attachments

• my tank.jpg
    my tank.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 391
Likes davenn, Psinter and Pepper Mint
  • #1,603
Don't forget to rename them on a weekly basis! :-p

Likes Sophia
  • #1,604
I see so many stones for decoration down in the tank, they'd increase more work for you once you have to clean the tank. Anyway it looks green and beautiful.

Likes Sophia
  • #1,605
Pepper Mint said:
I see so many stones for decoration down in the tank, they'd increase more work for you once you have to clean the tank. Anyway it looks green and beautiful.
There's a special vacuum cleaner for substrate but I don't use it because it would uproot the plants :-)
The snails clean it a bit and what's left is used as fertiliser for plants. The key is not to overfeed the fish :-p
I was afraid it would stink but it doesn't. Weekly water changes are enough.

I'm already late with name changes!
They only had one set! One swordtail is called Jumpy because she likes to swim up and down quickly, the other one is Snoopy because she sniffs the substrate like a dog. Tetras are collectively called Iskrichky which means little sparks :)

Likes davenn and Pepper Mint
  • #1,606
Remember pictures of birds on our balcony that I posted on previous page? (#1594))
This is what they look like now! It's unbelievable how fast they grow. They can already fly. One of them kept bumbing on the balcony door because he wanted to get inside :D I tried to scare him by waving hands and knocking on the door but the little brat wasn't afraid of me at all :DD They are so cute!

sokolik.jpg

Likes DennisN, Psinter, fresh_42 and 1 other person
  • #1,607
Maybe you should invite him in for a cup of tea. :oldtongue:

• #1,608
Borg said:
Maybe you should invite him in for a cup of tea. :oldtongue:
:-) yeah, I'd love to but if he broke my mother's porcelain set from 19th century I would need to learn to fly, too! :nb)o:)

• #1,609
Sophia said:
:-) yeah, I'd love to but if he broke my mother's porcelain set from 19th century I would need to learn to fly, too! :nb)o:)
Never use the good china for a first-time guest. :wink:

Likes Sophia
  • #1,610
johnnyrev said:
Sorry to hear that...