Share Animal Pictures: For Animal Lovers

  • Thread starter Thread starter micromass
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Animal
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
3,073 replies · 328K views
Sophia said:
What an interesting project, Hoophy. Please keep us updated. I'd like to see how the ants grow! What will you feed the Queen once she can eat?
Yes, I will feed her once the exoskeletons of her first workers have hardened. I will provide a drop of honey and a cricket leg. :)
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Amazing DennisN, nectar thefts are colorful and have become energetic. :biggrin:
 
Thanks @Sophia and @Pepper Mint! I think I have got the insect bug right now... :biggrin: I think I am going to look for ants and spiders the next time I go on a photo shoot... :smile:
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: fresh_42, Hoophy and Sophia
DennisN said:
Those eyes... :biggrin:

Hmmm, looks like the usual reaction in a bank - customer - relationship ...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Sophia and DennisN
fresh_42 said:
Hmmm, looks like the usual reaction in a bank - customer - relationship ...
:DD
 
DennisN said:

Another example of taking an interest in human technology:

Although I suppose one could question whether this is really human technology...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark and DennisN
jtbell said:
Another example of taking an interest in human technology:

Although I suppose one could question whether this is really human technology...


Nice :smile:, but don't neglect my contribution to the cat game genera!



Links:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hoophy and DennisN
I love both dogs and cats. :DD
I find it funny the way they ( or the cats!:rolleyes: )have decided to stay arch rivals of one another for eternity, fighting and staring and all that. :olduhh:

Once in our locality, we found out a cat and a dog sleeping back to back.:oldsurprised: That was kidda cute.

German-Shepherd-and-cat.jpg


I think it was a good cat. :oldlaugh::oldlaugh:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, Pepper Mint and fresh_42
This is not our cat, but it seems to have semi-adopted us. We often see it lounging on the front steps, or on the deck, or underneath one of our cars, etc. It likes to look for game in the ivy that covers a large part of our yard.

cat.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, Tsu and Sophia
Wow, that's a huge cat!

Here's a pic of a bull I sold a friend of mine 3 years ago.. he's 4 years old now and has become rather impressive.. weighs around 2400 lbs.. still thinks he's a baby.. He does know how to pose nicely though

20160913_083445sm.jpg


Found this little guy in my hayfield while I was cutting it.. had to move him out of the way
20160707_192248sm.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, Sophia and Borg
Octopus Escapes Through Tiny Crack in Boat
 
DennisN said:
Octopus Escapes Through Tiny Crack in Boat

These guys' brain size is a role model on far too many humans ... :cool:
 
funny-goat-mountains-rocks.jpg


It's okay because if she falls on the water, she receives 0 damage.

Wait... that's only in video games.

I think that's a good question for physics: If you fall from a very very high distance and hit water, does it hurt you? The answer is yes, but can the force exerted on you be calculated? After all, some of that kinetic energy will be transformed into waves. I don't think it can be assumed that the same amount of force you hit the water will rebound to you because of the conservation of energy (it's not an elastic collision). Some will get transformed and spread in a different direction. Being able to calculate it with precision... that'd be great.
 
DennisN said:
A fascinating animal...
Big-eared-townsend-fledermaus.jpg

Townsend's big-eared bat (image from Wikipedia)
Bats are great! I wish I could spend some time in a cave with bats. And it would be cool if there were prehistoric drawings, too. Ideally, it would be a place near the surface with a small amount of daylight.

I was born on October 30, so that could explain why I like all things and animals mysterious and scary for some people. Including bats :-)
 
Meet Daniel the Duck, an emotional support animal.
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/airplane-passengers-fall-love-emotional-support-duck-accompanying-192315632--abc-news-topstories.html
 
Literally a couple of metres outside my rear door...

Life is hard in Kangaroo Heaven...
Kangaroos.jpg

"Ooooh, hey doodes,... check out the purple koala in that tree over there."

[Although you can only see a few here, there's literally a couple of hundred in my complex. They're not tame, and nearby signs warn to treat them as wild animals and not to approach them. But the female at the front is gradually getting used to me. I think the others have formed a conspiracy to imprison me by creating a poo barrier outside my door. :oldruck:]

Calling this place "Kangaroo Heaven" is probably accurate: no predators or annoying dogs running around this complex. Plus a steady supply of good quality grass, maintained by professionals, i.e., golf course groundsmen. :oldbiggrin:
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Borg, Psinter, Sophia and 1 other person
That needs a caption - What are roo looking at? :oldtongue: