forrtl: severe <157> : program exception -access violation MCNP6

• Thread starter khary23
  • Start date
What does "to dose to water" mean? Is this a typo?

In post #11 you wrote

Actually you wrote a script that was the input to the program, MCNP6, just to clear up that misconception on your part.
17% of CPU may or may not be excessive. I'm not familiar with the program, but I'm reasonably sure the program is doing a huge number of floating point calculations.
What is the program not doing that you believe it should be doing? Are the results it's producing near to or far from what it should be getting?
Sorry should be have written absorbed dose.

The issue I am having is that I am once again getting the forrl:<severe> program exception error.

DEvens

Education Advisor
Gold Member
Can you post the input file you got the error from? Can you also post the exact command line you used to run it? Copy-paste is good.

Did you get any output file at all?

Can you post the input file you got the error from? Can you also post the exact command line you used to run it? Copy-paste is good.

Did you get any output file at all?
the input file is attached. The command line is "mcnp6 in= FMESH_RDF.txt
I get an incomplete output file and no meshtal file.

Here is the input file.

Attachments

Update: My code has been run on MCNP 6.2 by other MCNP users and it ran, but will sstill not run on my version which is 6.1.

DEvens

Education Advisor
Gold Member
MCNP, you are a thing.

If I run your case on MCNP6.1 I get Windows telling me MCNP has stopped working.

If I use a smaller NPS number, say 400000 instead of 1000000, then it runs to completion.
If I take out the DE4-DF4 data, it runs to completion.

I'm thinking a bug in version 6.1, some kind of memory overflow that only shows up when you reach some kind of limit in FMESH.

Is it an option to step up to version 6.2?

MCNP, you are a thing.

If I run your case on MCNP6.1 I get Windows telling me MCNP has stopped working.

If I use a smaller NPS number, say 400000 instead of 1000000, then it runs to completion.
If I take out the DE4-DF4 data, it runs to completion.

I'm thinking a bug in version 6.1, some kind of memory overflow that only shows up when you reach some kind of limit in FMESH.

Is it an option to step up to version 6.2?
I submitted a request for 6.2 last night, but I need to get my data in the next week so that I can write and be finished by January. The confusing thing is that it was running up until Friday.

Hi
I thing the bug only appears why you try to use a x-windows no ?

DEvens

Education Advisor
Gold Member

WWGD

Science Advisor
Gold Member

DEvens

Education Advisor
Gold Member
I think s/he meant using some version of Windows.
X-Windows is a unix/linux thing. I have tested entirely on Microsoft Windows based computer and it crashes.

WWGD

Science Advisor
Gold Member
X-Windows is a unix/linux thing. I have tested entirely on Microsoft Windows based computer and it crashes.
My bad, maybe I can delete my post.

Met with someone form our ITS department and he thinks it's one of three issues. Memory allocation, read/write or access/permission.