Forum Game - Where's That Landmark? Part 2

In summary, Om found a new landmark and gave a few hints. The last landmark Om gave hints for was the Yale Kahn Institute. Om found a new landmark and gave a few hints. The last landmark Om gave hints for was the Yale Kahn Institute.
A couple of views from the train:
dzwnc4.jpg

14joikl.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
edward said:
It appears to be the Wiggly tree in Exbury Gardens & Steam Railroad. Located in the New Forrest National Park.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pauline_iow/2481106994/

http://www.exbury.co.uk/website/

Yes, that's right, the Wiggly Tree in Exbury Gardens, just over 30 minutes drive from here. Searching on "Wiggly Tree" gives pictures approximately matching both of my first two pictures. Lovely gardens, full of flowers, especially in the spring, and we all enjoy visiting them (that's my family in the second picture). The kids used to like the train most, but now they like the flowers and trees too. And they like the "Lake Moss Monster" which can be seen from the train in the last picture, as well as many other amusing oddities dotted around the railway route.

OK, your turn.

That blue steam engine was the turning point for me. Even the Queen loves steam engines. :D

http://www.exbury.co.uk/website/mariloo.aspx

I will have to upload something after dinner.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW that was a great landmark Jonathan. I may have just gotten lucky.

Here is the new landmark:

f59kkl.jpg

I really don't know what this is supposed to represent.

2dvmk43.jpg

Is it the Last Supper ?

edward said:
BTW that was a great landmark Jonathan. I may have just gotten lucky.

Here is the new landmark:

f59kkl.jpg
Looks a bit like rock houses in Cappadocia, Turkey, but I can't find a close match and those are mostly better made than this.

Apparently tourists view the area from balloons.
2ivmmpk.jpg
Jonathan Scott said:
Looks a bit like rock houses in Cappadocia, Turkey, but I can't find a close match and those are mostly better made than this.

That is close enough. I had to post a picture of a poor quality rock house to get it past Google. :D There is also a Church built in the rock dating back to the first century. The entire area is called Goreme National Park, but rock houses make up most of it.

Good eye Jonathan and it is your turn once more.

Medicol said:
Is it the Last Supper ?

It may very well be an early version of the last supper.

edward said:
That is close enough. I had to post a picture of a poor quality rock house to get it past Google. :D There is also a Church built in the rock dating back to the first century. The entire area is called Goreme National Park, but rock houses make up most of it.

Good eye Jonathan and it is your turn once more.
Thanks - I didn't expect that to be the actual answer!

I've spent some time trying to find another one, but Google image search seems to recognise almost every photo I've taken of anything interesting, even from a completely different direction, and any street view image of any obvious landmark. The few exceptions tend to contain obvious text or other clues that would make it too easy (and I don't want to have to spend a lot of time editing photos). I also found some views where Google image search didn't recognise my photo immediately, but if I cropped it to isolate the interesting bit it immediately recognised it! (It even recognised the locations of some photos where I couldn't remember them myself).

So if anyone else has a landmark, please have a go. I'll continue looking for one when I have time.

That is what I run into a lot Jonathan and I hate to resort to the paint program to put polka dots on landmarks. I do plead guilty to using the paint program a few times. :D I will try to find something.

Here is a new landmark

30kxh1y.jpg

That looks quite a bit like the Coronado Bridge in San Diego, Ca.

OmCheeto said:
That looks quite a bit like the Coronado Bridge in San Diego, Ca.

It does, and that is it Mr. eagle eye. I even posted a picture that didn't show the long sweeping curves. For some reason Google identified this next picture as an Audi A7 coupe??

1zyh5p2.jpg

When I was a 20 something I loved Coronado more without the bridge. The ferry quit running at 9:00 PM and it was quiet. We could go out in the middle of Orange Blvd. and play catch with a football. Now Coronado is loaded with high rise condo's and the beach is too crowded.

Your up

pf.wtlm.2015.02.07.1230.jpg

ps. I hate google... :oldwink:

Just got a PM from @fuzzyfelt .
I took that as a hint, that it's time, for a hint.

hint: Although South Dakota may claim this spot, it is not theirs.
ps. The image is from some video, by some foreigner named "Tom", who metaphorized "life".

Likes fuzzyfelt
Very intriguing, thanks Om, I'll enjoy thinking where it might be.

Ha! The Dinosaur Trail, Badlands, Drumheller, Alberta, Canada :) ?

fuzzyfelt said:

Sorry to make it so easy.
You're up!

ps. In case anyone else is watching, this has been my favorite PF game, ever!:partytime:

Yay! I really didn't expect this! I'll try to think of something and post it tomorrow if that is ok?

fuzzyfelt said:
Yay! I really didn't expect this! I'll try to think of something and post it tomorrow if that is ok?
Ah! hahahahaha!

As long as "tomorrow" doesn't turn into "next year". :biggrin:

fuzzyfelt said:

Nice to see you, fuzzy :smile:!

Likes fuzzyfelt and OmCheeto
Thanks Lisa, it’s nice to be here with you!:smile:

Last edited:
OmCheeto said:
Ah! hahahahaha!

As long as "tomorrow" doesn't turn into "next year". :biggrin:
Promise! :smile:
And I wouldn't have found the last one without the hints.

I hope this is ok, I think this window frame gives a relatively good view of the clock?

303lr7p.png

I know but I don't have anything to post.
Einstein's clock tower in Bern, Switzerland.

Likes fuzzyfelt
Well done, Borg, that is one answer, there is another one as well!

Likes Borg
fuzzyfelt said:
Well done, Borg, that is one answer, there is another one as well!
Oh dear lord...
Did I ever mention, that I hate this game...
:oldtongue:

Likes fuzzyfelt
x2rq06.png

Yes! That is right, jtbell, well done and good photo!
You're on next!

Last edited:
OK, I have a couple of ideas, but I need to find them in my pictures at home. I tried fiddling with a couple of images from the web, but Google image search still zeroed in on them immediately. Give me a day or two...

I didn't find the landmark that I was originally thinking of, but I found a couple of others that passed a quick Google Images test. Here goes with one of them:

DSC_6765.jpg