Found a weird mechanical device in the woods.

In summary, there was a conversation about a strange mechanical device found in the woods with a serial number "DY6-6" and "MADE IN USA" written on it. It was determined to be a dual pulley drive and possibly part of an old refrigerator. There was also speculation about it being an industrial refrigeration or air-conditioning system and even a teleporter for forest nymphs. However, it was later revealed to be a tool for pumping tires. The age of the device was debated, with one person suggesting it couldn't be older than 1776 due to the "Made in USA" label, while another proposed that it could be from any time since the Iron Age due to its teleportation capabilities.
Engineering news on Phys.org
That's not a flywheel. It's a dual pulley drive. You found Jack Daniels original still.

Using a radiator for a condenser is really bad.

I think it's an industrial refrigeration or air-conditioning system. The item you refer to is a belt-driven compressor.

That's an old time teleporter for forest nymphs.

Awesome.

TylerH said:
Using a radiator for a condenser is really bad.

Well, I didn't say it was the whole still. Just the part of the water cooling system. And besides, if it isn't a still, why would the forest nymphs need a teleporter to get to it.

It looks like it came from an early refrigerator. It must be old if it says 'made in america' on it

BilPrestonEsq said:
It looks like it came from an early refrigerator. It must be old if it says 'made in america' on it

It says "Made in USA", so it can't be older than 1776.

Borek said:
It says "Made in USA", so it can't be older than 1776.

Teleportation means time travel, so it could have been made any time since the Iron Age.

I still use one of those to pump my tyres up.

Suggested for: Found a weird mechanical device in the woods.

Back