1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Frames and Machines

1. Aug 3, 2016 #1
    Hi everyone,
    I did a search and couldn't find any useful information on frames and machines for statics (unless I missed it for which I apologize if I did)
    Does anyone have a few steps that they follow when setting up a FBD of a frame/machine. I'm having trouble being able to efficiently set up diagrams. Sometimes I end up making more than are necessary and making it harder when there is a simpler solution. Curious if anyone has a little tip on setting it up. any advice is appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 4, 2016 #2
    Another name would be truss analysis (instead of 'frames'). Use this as a keyword to extend your search.

Truss analysis is typically box standard. Are you aware of the Method Of Sections?

Also, i'm not really sure what you mean by 'machines'. Four-bar linkages and that sort of thing?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted