Turing machine problem to getting startet

In summary, the conversation discusses working on problems related to turing machines and setting up a table to represent the movements and markings on the tape. The concept of time and space complexity is also mentioned in relation to the turing machine and its input. The conversation ends with the individual seeking help and apologizing for their language.
markonan
Good everning!

I am currently working on problems related to turing machines.

Lets say we have a turing machine T . Vi can see the Turing machine driving in state 1, state 2 and so forth. If we do this we can set it up as a table. see under.

in my head it will look like this (R is a marked square, this is the square that is read from and written to)

x x x x x R x x x
x x x x x x R x x
x x x x x x x R x
x x x x x x R x x
x x x x x R x x x
x x x x R x x x x
x x x R x x x x x
x x x x R x x x x
x x x R x x x x x

what in the table above ansver to the tape in the turing machine at a given time?

//RESOURCES
With regards to a Turing machine, time complexity is a measure of how many times the tape moves when the machine is started on some input. Space complexity refers to how many cells of the tape are written to when the machine runs.

will time correspond to how many times the tape moves at an input at start? And how will i explain(calculate) this in the stated problem above?

And space, will that be how many cells in the figure above that is written to? won't this then be the number of R's?

I don't know how to attack this problem. Any tips and hints will be good.

Also i want to say sorry for the language, i know it's bad :)

Thanks to the people willing to take a look at this!

And it don't know if this is the right place to post this post, but i did not find any better forums/places that corresponds to the problem stated above. '

Markonan

Physics news on Phys.org
markonan said:
in my head it will look like this (R is a marked square, this is the square that is read from and written to)
States are not positions on the tape.

what in the table above ansver to the tape in the turing machine at a given time?
I don't understand that question.

will time correspond to how many times the tape moves at an input at start? And how will i explain(calculate) this in the stated problem above?
What do you mean "at start"? Time corresponds to the number of steps, which corresponds to the number of movements on the tape.
And space, will that be how many cells in the figure above that is written to? won't this then be the number of R's?
No, just the length of the strip where an R appears at some point.

What is a Turing machine?

A Turing machine is a mathematical model of a hypothetical computing machine that can manipulate symbols on a tape according to a set of rules. It was proposed by Alan Turing in 1936 and is considered to be the foundation of modern computer science.

What is the Turing machine problem?

The Turing machine problem, also known as the Halting problem, is a mathematical problem that asks whether a given algorithm can determine if another algorithm will eventually stop or continue running indefinitely. It was proven by Turing in 1936 that there is no algorithm that can solve this problem for all possible inputs.

How do I get started with understanding Turing machines?

To get started with understanding Turing machines, it is recommended to have a basic understanding of computer science and mathematical concepts such as algorithms and automata theory. There are also many online resources and textbooks available that can provide a more in-depth explanation and examples of Turing machines.

What are the applications of Turing machines?

Turing machines have many applications in computer science, including the design and analysis of algorithms, the study of computability and complexity, and the development of programming languages and compilers. They are also used in artificial intelligence and machine learning as a theoretical model for understanding the limitations of computation.

How does the Church-Turing thesis relate to Turing machines?

The Church-Turing thesis, proposed by Alonzo Church and Alan Turing independently, states that any function that is computable by an algorithm can also be computed by a Turing machine. This means that Turing machines are equivalent to any other computational model or programming language in terms of what can be computed.