Freefall: Solving Questions with Initial Velocity of 20 m/s

  • Thread starter Thread starter kitle545
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Freefall
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
kitle545
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
I don't know how to do this problem. I feel like I need more information.

A ball is thrown upward with an initial velocity of 20 m/s.

1. How long is the ball in the air?

2. How long after release is the ball 15 m above the release point?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
For #1:

What is the initial velocity?
What is the velocity when the ball reaches the top of its upward travel?
what is the acceleration due due gravity?
Is the time taken to reach the top of its upward travel equal to the time to return to earth?